• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote Brake Reservoir...Done.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree it is a very neat low cost set up.
This brings up a question for all. The last deuce acquired from Tinker about a month ago had some low pedal and upon attempting to check fluid level noticed there was not a cap on the master cylinder. Only a brass fitting on top with a line coming from the fitting. Is this something new? Where/how do I check the level on something like this?
On the location note: All Ford vehicles had the master cylinder mounted in the same location as the deuces. They did this up until I believe 1952

nf6x

Feral Engineer
desertfox said:
The last deuce acquired from Tinker about a month ago had some low pedal and upon attempting to check fluid level noticed there was not a cap on the master cylinder. Only a brass fitting on top with a line coming from the fitting.
Your description sounds like the normal master cylinder cap and vent line. Can you post a picture?

LanceRobson

Bottleworks, thanks for the reply.

Today, I picked up three similar reservoirs out of Hondas at the local bone yard. Two were from SUVs and one from a car. There were two different sizes in the yard so I took the bigger ones. Total cost for three was $17, including tax.

I'll try to figure out the picture posting thing if anyone needs a pic.

Lance

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NF6X-I moved the truck to a different location due to restrictive covenant complaints, therefore unable to get pics. To answer your question there is no cap on the master cylinder. The master cylinder appears to be new. There is only the 90 degree fitting with line out of the top. ??

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very clean and practical modification. I'm thinking thru this mod. My new M/C doesn't have the breather tube out the top of the cap. It only has 2 small holes on each side of the hex portion of the cap. This cap is different than the M/C I took off the truck. I also can't interchange the caps...different thread size! :x

67Cougar

bigmike,
Just drill and tap a hole in the middle of your new cap, then plug the other holes with epoxy, or weld them, or tap them and plug them. After you do that, the rest is easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks