• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repairing Voltage Regulator for 15KW Generator

Guyfang

Staff member
Member @kloppk has in the past. You might ask him. The design of that VR was not good. Repairing it and returning it to original specs would leave me, anyway, always thinking it would fail again.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did some work for someone a couple of years ago converting a pile of new 400 Hz 804/5/6 VR's to support 60 Hz operation. It required changing out about a dozen parts to make them 60 Hz units.
I haven't gotten into fixing them for the reasons Guy mentioned. If you have a failed one I'd first suspect the two IRFP450's output MOSFETs

hawk-aggie

I did some work for someone a couple of years ago converting a pile of new 400 Hz 804/5/6 VR's to support 60 Hz operation. It required changing out about a dozen parts to make them 60 Hz units.
I haven't gotten into fixing them for the reasons Guy mentioned. If you have a failed one I'd first suspect the two IRFP450's output MOSFETs

Already replaced it, and the generator is working. Was just inquiring. Really sounds like the idea is not worth pursuing. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks