• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing 3-Way Light Switch

dw9339

The deuce I received from GL was missing the three way light switch. I ordered what I thought was a replacement from ebay: Military Truck M151 A1 A2 M35 M54 Head light Switch New: eBay Motors (item 140407777729 end time May-20-10 19:30:52 PDT)

When I take the replacement switch and try and put it in the existing hole in the dash, the darn thing is too big for the hole and it won't fit. Further, the cable behind the dash does not easily screw onto the replacement switch. I imagine I could get a wrench and force it, but that does not look right.

I looked at the manual, but it does not mention anything about the device not fitting.

Does it look like I purchased an incorrect part? Any other thoughts?

whyme

looks right but thats not everything, im not aware of there being differant models, but im still kinda new around here. two things id ask, are you mounting it in from the back? and is there paint or corrosion on the threads of the switch? additionally how are the threads of the cable?

dw9339

Remember to remove the levers before pushing it in from the back.
Yeah, I would not have thought to do that and then I would have been frustrated trying to understand how you guys thought I should have put it in from the rear. Thanks!!

I managed to get the switch in, but am missing the screws to attach it to the dash. Oh well, one small victory at a time.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
10-32 screws. same as 19" rack panels.
Wire brush the threads on both Male and Female connections.
Push the connector on, spin on a few threads, push the connector again, spin a few more threads, repeat until the connector won't push on any further.
Sometimes easier to do before you fish the switch up into the dash, next to the airline for the wind shield wipers. This way you can see the back and make sure you aren't cross threading the connector onto the switch. Also a little lube never hurts.:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks