• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request for GP replacement assistance - Police Involved

M1008driver

I hate posting this because sometimes my light bulb comes on slower than others.

It is my understanding you can change your glow plugs with 60g's and everything will work just fine the way your vehicle is now. Or you can change your gp's and bypass the resistor too and everything will work just fine.

Make sure your batteries are charged. That is a clean looking engine. I think one of your neighbors is complaining so make sure you get some loud mufflers some day when you get going. I did and they hate it when I leave for work at 5 Am.

OK, I'm confused

ODdave

If the cops do this to me, I just tell them to swing back in the winter and check things out. Catch is they cant because the POS city dosnt plow my road, and the cop cars cant make it through the snow. Yes its paved and I live right in the city.

Another funny story is when got pulled over for riding my dirtbike down the road. It was in the winter so there was snow and ice in my dads drivway. Cop saw me as I was pulling into the drive which slopes downward, and followed me in the drive. He proceded to chew my azz and was threatining to write me a ticket. This whole time he was in his car and preceded to turn around. HA guess who was stuck ! Needless to say, I asked him " So, about that ticket? You want me to hang out here and wait for that or do you want me to get the tractor so you can leave?" Needless to say, No ticket for me :twisted:

DonK

You mean to tell me that....if you have a vehicle, that you own, on your property...it must run or the po po can give you a citation? This is one f'd up situation...and kinda hard to believe. It just doesn't make any sense period.:shock:

acesneights1

If he has even one glow plug operating, ether has a good chance of killing his engine. Ether should not even come into your thought process with a 6.2.

Using it was article 15 worthy in my old unit.
GM spent alot of money putting that sticker on the air cleaner....No Starting fluid.

BIGDDV

same connector should plug in and work on either style glow plug.
easy test for glow plugs is to touch each one with a test light hooked to positive. if it glows, its good
only thing wrong with starting fluid is when glowplugs are hot the starting fluid makes the glow plugs swell inside the head and possibly break off in the cyl

acesneights1

If the cops do this to me, I just tell them to swing back in the winter and check things out. Catch is they cant because the POS city dosnt plow my road, and the cop cars cant make it through the snow. Yes its paved and I live right in the city.

Another funny story is when got pulled over for riding my dirtbike down the road. It was in the winter so there was snow and ice in my dads drivway. Cop saw me as I was pulling into the drive which slopes downward, and followed me in the drive. He proceded to chew my azz and was threatining to write me a ticket. This whole time he was in his car and preceded to turn around. HA guess who was stuck ! Needless to say, I asked him " So, about that ticket? You want me to hang out here and wait for that or do you want me to get the tractor so you can leave?" Needless to say, No ticket for me :twisted:
How can anyone tell you what to do if it is registered and insured ? I mean around here the town(not the cops) can bust your balls for an unregistered but if it is registered that is utter bull****. talk about communism. I would not live there for sure. I am in disbelief. Of course the cops around here just rob people instead...Policing for profit.

islandguydon

This kinda situation just raises my blood temp. Grrrrr

You have a registered, plated, insured vehicle ON YOUR PROPERTY and they want you to start it to prove this vehicle is not abandond...? This is taxation w/o representation.

From reading your thread you seem like an easy going guy but why are you letting the Po Po make you jump through hoops when it is none of their buisness.......?

I say show me the ordinance that states you are in violation of anything.

Thats my 2 cents,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In the legal system Language is important, I will quote you as saying "Abandoned"

This is the definition and you do not apply. Print this and hand it to them.

a·ban·don
verb (used with object)

1. to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.

2. to give up; discontinue; withdraw from: to abandon a research project; to abandon hopes for a stage career.

3. to give up the control of: to abandon a city to an enemy army.

4. to yield (oneself) without restraint or moderation; give (oneself) over to natural impulses, usually without self-control: to abandon oneself to grief.

5. Law . to cast away, leave, or desert, as property or a child.

Anubis8472

There are two problems with ether.

1) Lack of cylinder lubrication if fuel is not present.
2) Glow plugs causing it to ignite prematurely.

If your glow plugs are set up on the stock controller, you have to disable them first. If your plugs are wired on a manual switch, you simply do not use them.

If you are not getting fuel flow, do not use ether.

If you are simply having a 'hard start' issue ether is perfectly fine provided your glow plugs are disabled/off and you use it in small bursts.
The reason for all the warning labels and so on, is simply because it is very easy for someone who doesn't understand the do's and dont's to screw up and cause serious damage.

I would request the specific statute/ordinance they claim you are in violation of. Most times the LEO's in these situations are ignorant of the actual law. They know speeding and seat belt tickets inside and out unfortunately most other issue they tend to 'wing it' so to speak. I can't tell you how many times I've had police tresspass trying to enforce anything from riding motorcycles without helmets to open carry firearms, only to find out that there is no such law and in most cases they are in violation themselves.
Many times they will come up with some line about how they recieved a complaint and so they have to 'do something about it', as if that means your rights are null and void because of thier 'policy'.

You mentioned about the rear plate falling down out of sight. Even if that is the case they cannot string that into some sort of abandonment charge if you can prove the vehicle is properly registered. At best maybe they can write a citation requiring you to submit proof of registration/repair plate display etc.
Asking for proof that the vehicle runs sounds to me like they are just giving you a hard time ... see 'complaint/have to take some action'. They are pressed to say anything but "I checked it out and the complaint is unwarrented/no violations existed".

Keith_J

Get a friend and a heat gun. Take the air cleaner off, play the heat gun on the intake for a few minutes and then try starting while friend blasts the intake with the heat gun. No need for glow plugs with intake heater.

vkirchner

You all have very good suggestions, most of which I would really like to try. But you also know that if they want to mess with you they will, one way or another. But I did think about getting my CCW permit so I could though my fully licensed machine gun on the dash of the Blazer when traveling through town. [thumbzup]

Serious though, If I can use the AC60's with the 24V or the 12V what are the advantages or disadvantages to the system? The only reason I can see to change the wiring and move form the Humvee glow plugs is local availability. Or have I completely missed the mark?

Boy the mailbox idea is very tempting...

Matt65

Bypassing the resistor and applying pure 12V prevents the cascade effect of plug failures when the first goes bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks