• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REV winch options

thoner7

I’ve searched around and have not found any winch options for the REV trucks. I believe they have different radiator mountings than other ECV trucks and that might affect winch positioning??

If there isn’t a simple solution, what do people think of mounting a trailer hitch receiver up front, and using a winch mounted on a removable carriage?

Not this exact one but Something similar : https://www.federalmilitaryparts.co...h-mount-class-lll-receiver-style-2-m998-m1038

Reactions: 98G

thoner7

Another idea - has anyone mounted a third 12v battery to run a 12v winch off of? Would the 12v tap on the alternator be sufficient for that?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look at the front bumper of my M715, the trailer receiver option is what was done.

Mematic_20230309_095509.jpg

They also have it in the back.

Of course that winch was 12vdc, not hydraulic, so your option will be limited.

thoner7

If you look at the front bumper of my M715, the trailer receiver option is what was done.

View attachment 904988

They also have it in the back.

Of course that winch was 12vdc, not hydraulic, so your option will be limited.
I’ve always love the M715. That’s my other dream truck and I planned on getting one, before the Humvees went surplus.

I really like the dual hitch receiver idea too.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A year ago RWH suggested Sherpa winches and custom mount plates (Black Dog Customs).

I’m not sure if the following is the correct plate
IMG_0604.png

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The prob with ECV/REV trucks Is the lower radiator hose is in the way, so the OEM MM and Warn kits changed it all up to move the affected components. I personally like the rear winch option as it’s easy to install and really just makes more sense From a recovery aspect.

thoner7

No it's not, the military version is hydraulic.
I know, I’m just wondering if anyone has put it on and if it’ll work I guess.

This guy puts one on here, but had to notch his frame. My front nose is different tho and I don’t have those brackets encroaching inward.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going through the parts manual, it does look like they add a couple more brackets and a lower brace to what's already there.

I don't have an REV truck so not sure about it all, but this is the only spot they appear in the parts manual.

front winch REV.jpg

M1165A1

I know, I’m just wondering if anyone has put it on and if it’ll work I guess.

This guy puts one on here, but had to notch his frame. My front nose is different tho and I don’t have those brackets encroaching inward.

I'm no engineer but I did sleep in a holiday inn express last night, and cutting away part of the supporting frame for your airlift bumper to fit a winch seems ill-advised.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All ECV and REV trucks have that lower hose that won't allow you to put a Warn 12k winch.....there is a expensive Milemarker
winch set up for those trucks.
There are some trucks out there that guys built with an ECV nose and non-ECV radiator and cooler that will work with a 9 or 12k Warn winch.

thoner7

I’m being told by The Hummer Supply that this 24v mile marker winch will fit the ECV front end….

thoner7

We will be curious to expand our knowledge base if you try, do let us know.
I’ve called and emailed Mike marker twice now for some better dimensions on the thing, no response yet. I’m hoping to call again today and see if I can’t get them to agree to free returns, shipping on their dime, if it doesn’t fit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks