• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rock Sliders / Rocker Guards.....

McSpeed

My latest adventure into the Alaskan wilderness beat the crap out of the rockers.

I actually peeled back the reinforcement at the bottom of the B pillar to rocker on the passenger side - and dented the driver side badly.

I see Predator, Midwest Military Equip, and more offer guards.

These are not just the bottom of the rocker - but go all the way under the floor board and make it possible to plate off the fuel tank as well.

Shipping is the killer for me - as always. Add another $1,000 to the cost of the parts to get them to me.

I'm very happy with the MWM aluminum doors - and they were reasonably priced - just the shipping hurts.

What other alternatives are there before I re-mortgage my house for shipping?

I notice the ones I'm seeing are made of steel - like hundreds of pounds worth.

A thick aluminum would be nice - at least easier to install and not going to rust.

A redneck version would be maybe 6" angle iron 1/4" or so thick, then trimmed to fit the rockers and plating under - maybe 3/16 - or 1/4" if aluminum.

I'm interested in ideas or more pics/video of any the vendor based ones installed.

Crapgame

I had custom 0.25" thick steel ones made left undrilled so I could use the existing bolt holes in the Ground Mobility Vehicle GMV rockers. I painted the inside with the beige Flex Seal spray paint to build up a membrane to prevent the electrolysis from dissimilar metals. Outside I primed then painted in CARC Tan 686.

Your offroad adventures, the SOCOM GMVs had aluminum skid plates under the passenger footwells with a standoff bracket under the back seat area, then the 0.25" steel jack rail/rock sliders installed to reinforce the floor.
Driver Side Skid Plate1.jpg

McSpeed

I had custom 0.25" thick steel ones made left undrilled so I could use the existing bolt holes in the Ground Mobility Vehicle GMV rockers. I painted the inside with the beige Flex Seal spray paint to build up a membrane to prevent the electrolysis from dissimilar metals. Outside I primed then painted in CARC Tan 686.

Your offroad adventures, the SOCOM GMVs had aluminum skid plates under the passenger footwells with a standoff bracket under the back seat area, then the 0.25" steel jack rail/rock sliders installed to reinforce the floor.
View attachment 901084
That is awesome!!!!!

Reactions: OBX