• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rockwell spider gears

RANDYDIRT

I was under the impression that the rockwell axles were pretty much bullet proof, so needless to say I was upset when I twisted the spider gears out of mine the other day.
I have the third member pulled but don't have it apart yet, but I did find about a hand full of shrapnel (gear teeth and washer pieces) in the bottom of the axle housing. I do have a wanted add in the classifieds for a replacement set, so I have to ask. Will a used set fit right in, or do the washers come in different thicknesses to set some kind of backlash on the spider gears?

Thanks
Dirt

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few years ago barstow truck parts used to have a huge qty of NOS replacement kits (2520-752-1777), fairly cheap. Others might have them too, so better check out the typical suppliers before buying used.

The kit comes complete with 13 parts in total, including the washers which I think only come in one (std) thickness.
TM9-2320-361-34P shows them all as being parts of kit P/N 5702299 but the number on the box is the one stated above.

G.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find somebody that's parted a few trucks. I'm willing to bet they have a bunch of rear axles laying around (rockcrawlers only need two ;)). They can usually be had for $300 or less for the complete axle.

Accually, the Rockwell axles are fairly small for a truck the size of the deuce. They will break from time to time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks