• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rumblin Wreck Build

beanisland

There's a couple of M939's coming up at auction and was wondering what kind of price these type trucks are fetching. I'm interested but don't want to spend an arm and a leg for one. I know condition will be a big factor but does anyone have a ballpark figure on what to expect...

There's a couple of M939's coming up at auction and was wondering what kind of price these type trucks are fetching. I'm interested but don't want to spend an arm and a leg for one. I know condition will be a big factor but does anyone have a ballpark figure on what to expect...
beanisland,

This is not the correct thread for this question and it will therefore probably not be seen by those who can answer such a question. I would search the forums first to determine if this question has already been answered. If it hasn't then I would probably post this question as a new thread in the "5-Ton and Up" category. Good luck :beer:

More Electronics

Got some more electronics delivered today. I have Friday off so I am hoping to get the items installed for the tailgate this weekend.

What I got:
Bluetooth Transmitter to remove the wire currently connecting my smartphone to my stereo.
Motorized HDTV Antenna to pick up HD "over the air" signals for my TV at the tailgates (to be mounted on the truck).
Marine Grade PA Controller to broadcast quality audio (hopefully without feedback) through the truck's PA speakers.
Wireless Microphone to use with the PA system.

Attachments

Third Tailgate

Pics from today's tailgate. Got the new antenna installed and it worked pretty good. The PA controller didn't work out too well though. It distorted the rest of the audio and it had terrible feedback. It will be returned. The blue tooth worked good for streaming music from my phone.

Attachments

I took my 17 year old nephew for his first ride in the Rumblin Wreck today. The look on his face is why I enjoy this hobby so much. You would have thought he just won the lottery. Now he is talking about installing a train horn like mine on his Ford Explorer.

dose it have central tire inflaion
It does not have the CTIS installed anymore.

From post #12:
I didn't mention this earlier but it was probably evident anyway; I removed all of the CTIS equipment from the wheels. I still have the controller and other components installed and hopefully one day I will get it all working again but that is probably the last thing on my list. The truck sure does ride better without all of the CTIS stuff on the wheels.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ramblinwreck. I just read this entire thread, you have the most amazing sound system I personally have ever seen in a deuce. I would hate to go deep fording and mess it all up.

I like the cup holders they are simple but effective and all the ways you found to lock up the tail gate, glove box and doors. I also was impressed with the lights and pa system with the air horns.

I give you 2 thumbs up and 1 rep point from me for your ingenuity and fortitude on a job well done....[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Last edited:
Hey WR. I just read this entire thread, you have the most amazing sound system I personally have ever seen in a deuce. I would hate to go deep fording and mess it all up.

I like the cup holders they are simple but effective and all the ways you found to lock up the tail gate, glove box and doors. I also was impressed with the lights and pa system with the air horns.

I give you 2 thumbs up and 1 rep point from me for your ingenuity and fortitude on a job well done....[thumbzup][thumbzup]
Well thank you sir. I have read your posts and admire your work (both trucks and solar projects) as well.

Last edited:

NMCShooter

Too bad you never turned the tunes up loud enough for me to hear em....too old and deaf, I reckon. BTW, someone stole that pirate plate off yer table and wire-tied it to my grill. I'll give it back next year unless I hit a tree with it.....****...I'll give it back even if I do.

Too bad you never turned the tunes up loud enough for me to hear em....too old and deaf, I reckon. BTW, someone stole that pirate plate off yer table and wire-tied it to my grill. I'll give it back next year unless I hit a tree with it.....****...I'll give it back even if I do.
Nah, keep it man. I gave away most of the stuff I had on the left table so that tag would have been given away anyhow. Great to meet you and thanks for being such a fun camp neighbor.

I heard tell you put that chain on wrong! :deadhorse:
LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if you did hear that, with some of the strong opinions in that crowd. I put it on the way Ron suggested and it did get thoroughly tested later that afternoon. I will end up getting some more shackles so I can add in the other two sections.

It was great hanging out with you and your group. Lots of good laughs, and I feel like I have several new friends. Not a bad deal. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks