• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ryno-paint

PROSTOCKTOM

Correct me If I'm wrong here, but a lot of those colors that they use in spray on bedliners tend to fade over time due to UV light. You might want to explore this area before you drop $5000 on installation and it fades several shades.

Tom

91W350

Rhino can color match as well. It is true that it goes on cold and it is also true that the surface needs to be prepped properly. I suppose the guy running the applicator is as responsible as anybody for the thicker and thinner areas of both liners. Rhino has a curing period of 24-48 hours. The liner uses a chemical reaction to set up. It is extremely tough, I have a friend in the Rhino Lining business and I helped him try to clean up a pickup bed that had water in a seam. Until it sets up, water is a huge no-no in the Rhino process. it causes blowouts and bubbles. As for fasteners, you want to remove them and put foam plugs in their holes. You will also want to cut the liner, pulling any tape lines, etc...before it cures. When we had to try to remove the lining, we used air chisels. We ran through the floor several times and wound up replacing the bed with a new one. Thankfully, a lot of guys put flatbeds on their new pickups and there are some surplus boxes available. Warranty work is only as good as the dealer. I helped him weld the floor back together for a customer that ran a fork lift fork through the floor. He fixed the hole and the liner, even though it was way beyond what was covered. I am not saying Rhino is better than LineX, I have no experience with their products. I know that the LineX beds here have a much thinner coat than the Rhino beds do. You can also request the operator to leave your surface smoother or more pebbled. LineX seems to me to be much smoother in texture than The Rhino stuff. If I was to have it on the outside of my truck, appearance wise, I would prefer LineX, much smoother. For in the box, I would prefer the pebbled high traction surface of the Rhino liner, smae for running boards and fender tops. Lastly, if I was selling LineX, I surely would not brag up the benefits of the Rhino product.... just saying... Glen

Fuel Tank Coatings and Defense - Rhino Linings Industrial

Blast Protection Industrial Coatings - Rhino Linings Industrial

91W350

Correct me If I'm wrong here, but a lot of those colors that they use in spray on bedliners tend to fade over time due to UV light. You might want to explore this area before you drop $5000 on installation and it fades several shades.

Tom
You are exactly right, they need to have a UV coating applied.

jsthnt@gmail.com

I tried to get the local lineX dealer that was just starting up to do mine and trade him putting a big logo on it for advertising. He quoted me around five grand and said that he could put the logo on. I never went back.
I would like to use lizard skin heat sheild for in the engine compartment and the cab. In the cab and the rest of the truck I would like to use the noise rereducer or a rino lining.
To many things to do and to little money.

olbucksnort

Great Ideas. I used http://www.herculiner.com/ on my Deuce's inside cab (worked easy, stayed tough). It was on sale at Pep Boys one day and I was in the mood to get'er done.
As for the outside ........... still doing WalMart spray cans with just a touch of Tractor Supply Co. All depending on what camouflage colors that are left around after Hunting Season . When my Scratch Tickets pay off I'll buy the good stuff.

JimmyThompson

My local Line-x guy threw out a $3000-$5000 guestimate at me. I also looked at Rustoleum's Restore "Deck Armor". I even called Rustoleum and they said it was limited to wood and concrete not metal... That's too bad. I suppose I'll head towards "Grizzly Grip" which is a DIY bedliner that also comes in a wide variety of colors and they have UV protection too for $100 a gallon!

welldigger

I was going to coat my truck in od green durabak....then after a little research I discovered durabak is the same thing as herculiner. Herculiner is absolute garbage in my opinion. It has zero UV tolerance and is super thin. The texture is that of gravel. It holds on to dirt really bad. I know this since I tried herculiner as a bed liner in my work truck. I prepped it to the T and it just plain didn't hold up.

However I have found a product called monstaliner that I may try. They have od green as one of the colors and it has a UV protectant built in. It also has an amazing number of very positive reviews on the jeep forum. It will still cost a chunk of money. Way cheaper than 5k tho.

I looked into this for my trucks, I've always been a LineX guy and have had everything from boats to truck beds done. My MV's I wanted to do myself, I came up with UPol-Raptor liner is the way I'm going to go. http://www.u-pol.com/product-cat/83/.htm I came across them in the jeep forums, looks the closest to my beloved LineX. I don't think it gets any easier then this kit, all you need is an airline. Plenty of youtube videos on this product, and you can also tint it different colors.