• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S.E.E. not just for septic tank work

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I can S.E.E. that lil rascal being handy for lots of things. If I ever get rid of some of my "nice to look at stuff" I might be able to get something I can actually use!!:roll:

saddamsnightmare

February 6th, 2015.

Doesn't it seem odd that the Germans and Europeans can get work out of Unimogs, and we can't. I will bet you that the SEE beats you digging with a "D"handle shovel out of your pioneer rack, and it will outrun your 580C on long, high speed road marches..... Plus the Unimog will take many more implements then the 580C and can also move a freight train......

Just a thought, if you know how to use the machine, it does work better.....

spicergear

The SEE predecessor is a lot better than a shovel and pick axe too. Did 170' x 42" deep for a hot water line from outdoor stove to house. It's not a track hoe, but it's not a rental and delivery charge either. :mrgreen:

TehTDK

I work for a danish multifaceted recovery company and we still use old mogs as off road recovery vehicles. And good old beasts they are :)

greenjeepster

The S.E.E. Tractor is yet an other government concoction that dosn't do anything well.
Actually it isn't a government concoction. Benz was putting loaders and backhoes on Unimogs long before our government decided to enlist them into US military service. It is actually really good at doing what it was enlisted for "Emplacement" of weapon positions, digging fox holes etc. It is fast and can be driven in under it's own power, can quickly dig new positions on the front line. No waiting for heavy equipment to be moved in.

spicergear

TehTDK, That's a nice Mog! It's larger than the U900 based SEE trucks and doesn't look as big as it is until you're next to it. Love the XM-47 Michelins or same tread Conti's. No tread looks more appropriate on a Unimog than those do. [thumbzup]

TehTDK

Spicergear,

The company I work for still uses these for "off road" road side recovery, and a lot of the crew prefer the older Mog's over the newer offering they have started buying. The one on my pictures was refurbed a couple years ago according to the crew operating it.

bchauvette

Kermie makes a good tire machine

The spare on the M94A1 sits horizontal under the truck allowing water to set and seep in between the combat wheel half's causing them to rust weld. As luck would have it we needed to exchange tires and rims. Kermies back HO makes a good bead breaker, rim separator. coffee

IMG_2337.jpgIMG_2338.jpgIMG_2340.jpgIMG_2341.jpg

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would definitely be interested in one of those!! Will have to keep my eye/ears open for an opportunity! Around the property, a multi purpose machine could certainly come in handy!! Good to see it earning it's keep.