• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC meet and greet

What month do you think?

• Feb

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • March

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • May

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • June

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • July

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • August

• September

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • November

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • December

• Total voters

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We plan on being there in my wife's ( just ask her! ) 923. Our first 100 mile journey will be an adventure. We're looking forward to meeting fellow Carolinians and all others. I got with Adam yesterday and a stop at Sam's for diesel and chips is in order. We will be heading down I 26 from the Spartanburg area if anyone wants to tag along or have a follower. Thank you so much Ferro for the opportunity and invitation!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are planning on coming, please post up, so I have a rough guess as to how much food to buy.

And if you want to offer to bring anything, post that up too!

Less than 2 weeks!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got plenty of wood, our fireplace was down all winter so I have a stockpile that needs to go. Thanks for bringing some soda and the offer for the wood.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is my last chance for a southern SS event, so I'm going to commit. The 25th is about two weeks out from when I depart GA for the last time so I'm in. I'll bring a couple packs of hot dogs, and some soda.

I'm not a SC resident, but I have family in Greenville so I'm closely affiliated. :)

JamesSummerville

This is my first post, just getting my first mv M35a2 waiting on the EUA to come back from battle creek. Already got her (Jedidiah) insurance so long story short if she's mechanically sound I would love to try and make it up there. I have a feeling I am going to need all the pointers I can get.

bigugh20

This is my first post, just getting my first mv M35a2 waiting on the EUA to come back from battle creek. Already got her (Jedidiah) insurance so long story short if she's mechanically sound I would love to try and make it up there. I have a feeling I am going to need all the pointers I can get.
James, I'll be heading over from Mt. P at some point earlyish in the day. My MV collection is housed at Ferro's house already, but I'd be glad to be a chase car for your deuce or we could drive up together.

JamesSummerville

Sounds great and either way you want far as the ride up, I mean car pool save on gas :naner: the big thing will be when I get my hands on her, if I get it this week should be no brainer but the later it is the more unlikely I will make it. So I will keep you updated so you, can have plan B.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only a few more days.

My wife and I were hoping this would also be a sort of 'congrats on getting the house' party, alas the owner thinks the foundation bricks are solid gold and won't budge on her price, and the home is worth far less than what she is asking. So it will be more of a final hurrah at the old place. We have been looking and are going to look at some more property not far from here today in fact. It is 2 acres bigger at about 1/3 of what the owner of our current house is asking. No buildings or fencing other than the house, but that way we can start from scratch instead of tearing out all the old stuff and rebuilding.

The cookout is still on, so everyone please still come if you are able.

If we sign the deal before Sat, it may turn into a convoy of trucks over to the new place :p

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks like the good ole gooberment just put a halt to my plans to attend. Guess who has an IFTA/IRP Audit scheduled??
So ya know what I'll be doing that weekend!:x

Scarecrow1

Well this is starting to get interesting so please count me plus 1. If anyone is coming through Florence let me know and we can roll together. Adam I will of course bring a case of cokes and some ice but, what else are you in need of being brought. Paper plates ,towels, chips please let me know and I will bring it . Thanks to you and your wife for hosting such an event.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, sorry you can't make it PB.

Mike, I think chips and soda are covered, paper plates, napkins, and cups would be much appreciated!

We just made the deal on the new place, right up the road, closer to the RR tracks, easier for large trucks to get in and out of. Almost TWICE the acreage at 1/3 the price! Even has an old home site, with water, well, and septic. Real nice place to build a shop!!

The only thing I'll ask for help with on Sat is taking my maintenance tent down.

bigugh20

I'll be there Adam. Congrats on the new place! I think that my wife may make it as well. We could bring a covered dish. Maybe nanner puddin or beans or whatever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks