• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat recovering Question

panzerjunky

When you fellas are recovering your passenger bench seat do you keep the springs and use a thin high resiliancy foam over the springs or Nix the springs completely and go with a 4" thick piece of high resiliancy foam.
Thanks Jerry
Yes I spelled resiliancy wrong sorry

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kept the springs and added high density automotive seat foam and used a NOS vinyl cover from Tedstrucks or IMP,don't remember. I used para cord to tie it up.

dragonwagon

I just did this job , I left the springs and at walmart i found 2" thick material , it came in rather small squares . Took 2 of them side by side then a small trim job , put the canvas cover back on and laced it up . It was cheap and im very happy with it .

The material i found was some sort of pad for lawn furniture , was not foam but some other type material . Any way , it sits pretty good now . Cost was 16 bucks .

panzerjunky

Thanks for the info
My springs were bent out a bit and were rubbing through the front of the seat cover so I have already pulled the springs in prep to fix them in the process i just got a 4" thick piece of High R foam. I will try that
while I fix the springs if it works I will let it ride if not I will do one of the above and re staple the springs to the seat bottom and cover with 2" foam. thanks for the input. As usual I wish I would have asked BEFORE i spent 55.00 on a hunk of HR foam You think I would have learned by now.
By the way got my canvas from Jtonka.........Not Bad I am very happy with it both seats and winter boots.
Thanks again Fellas
Jerry

y

Bill W

On my pass seat bottom I left everything plus added a 2" piece of foam. On the pass seat back I threw out the old matting and used a 3" piece of foam. I cut and trimmed the foam using the wifes electric carving knife, cut through that stuff like it was made for that purpose

Attachments

Last edited: