• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectro Hubs

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A general search for AVM Ouverson would get you these results.

Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Search Results
Keep in mind that the link you posted is temporary-I don't know how temporary (3 hours, 3 days, etc.) but eventually the link won't be any good.

The results that searches show (what you're linking to) aren't held indefinitely-they are a short term thing).

It's similar to how the links for shared images in the chatroom worked. You could share a file and then copy the URL and email it to someone and it would work for a short while but if you clicked on it the next day it was no good.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We better add that to the list of things to improve!rofl

spicergear

Ouverson's are GREAT hubs and strong as heck too. Only drawback is the 'look' of them on a stock deuce truck has them sticking out like a snout from the hub, pretty much the same with the AVM's too. If you're going to do a front tandem disconnect, you can't go wrong with the Randy Ouverson's hub and double splined shaft package...plus it's nested in the deep dish of the wheel.

As far as the MM Selectro's...there is NOTHING wrong with them, really and they 'look' better as they don't protrude that far, plus the knob is a lot easier to grab and turn. Oh, just do youself a favor and put them on with bolts, not studs or you'll probably make a fingernail or two purple when you pinch them. :mrgreen: I ran the Selectro's on my Big Block, Rockwell Axled M715 with 46" XML's that I took through Top Truck Challenge and never, ever had a bit of trouble with them. I had them on for around 6 years and street drove the truck on the 'Rocks for a while too before it became pretty much trail only with the big XML's.

Parker2

If anyone is still looking for a good price on Selectro's I just bought a set for $397.32.
The description is wrong but I did call to confirm that it is the correct hubs.

Never mind. It turned out to be a mistake after all.:x

Last edited:

spicergear

Hey John, I'm racking my mind to remember what 'heavy spacer' you're speaking of. Could you elaborate on that a touch to maybe spark my memory? Thanks-

jatonka

Spicer, the original Selectros were too short to fit over the long axle shafts on our M35s, so they got together with Art Bloom and had a company make a spacer as wide as the hub and about 1.25" thick, got bolts made with the correct length shank and sold the kit. If you don't have the spacers the hubs won't fit. I really have never seen a set of Selectros since selectro sold out to Mile Marker. I inquired several years ago to Mile Marker and they directly told me they were not going to continue making hubs for the M35 truck because of the spacer adaptor. I never had a problem with any of my selectros except some engaged very stiffly. and I always pinched my fingers as I turned them in. But, They always worked.
JT

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey John, I'm racking my mind to remember what 'heavy spacer' you're speaking of. Could you elaborate on that a touch to maybe spark my memory? Thanks-
Pic attached... spacer ring, on the left.

Spacer and bolts already came included, and that was back in 2002 when I purchased them from APB.

Only (not minor...!) problem I had with them was not being watertight with the stock dialing knob O-ring.
A V-seal like in the AVM's would be much more effective IMHO.

G.

Attachments

RavageRitual

I'm going to just throw this out there and you can take it for what it's worth. I tried to order selectro's from discount4wheel and they never had them in stock, they played the "they'll be in Friday" game and charged me twice. I sent emails and I made phone calls, finally after a few more emails, they took the charge off my account, and I quickly ordered AVM's from C&C right here in the classified section. Though they had blemishes on the outside of the hub, these things are going to get banged up and I am very happy. Thanks C&C! Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks