• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectro locking hubs

OD_Coyote

The install instructions state to torque the bolts to 45 Ft Lbs, but the original bolts were more like 90 Ft Lbs....What are you guys with Selectros torquing the bolts to?

Last edited:

Flatlander

I found a set for another set of Rockwells RDS90 I think. They are 8 bolt and 30 spline. Do you think I can get a different gear to fit the 16 spline? I hear mile marker is a pain to deal with...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OD_Coyote said:
The install instructions state to torque the bolts to 45 Ft Lbs, but the original bolts were more like 90 Ft Lbs....What are your guys with Selectros torquing the bolts to?
Those are 1/2-13, so a grade 5 would hold up to 75 lb-ft compared to the original grade 8 capscrews with 105 lb-ft.
The manual specifies 85 to 95 lb-ft.
I would go with 65 to 75 lb-ft for the S. bolts.

skidder

WELL , OD Coyote How do you like the hubs ?? What is the Diff. going down the road ?? an steering ??? THEY are on my X-Mus List this yr . scott

OD_Coyote

WELL , OD Coyote How do you like the hubs ?? What is the Diff. going down the road ?? an steering ??? THEY are on my X-Mus List this yr . scott
I am very satisfied with the selectros on my truck. The changes a subtle, but here is what I noticed after installing them:

-Turns sharper.
-The hill by my house that I used to have to take in 3rd I can now take in 4th.
-Increase in MPGs.

You may want to consider the AVM or Ouverson hubs as well.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks