• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow + M715 = Happy kids

50shooter

The kids wanted to play in the snow and so did I. They wanted to burn energy and I wanted to burn gas. We all ended up having fun. I was happy with the 715 in 2 wheel drive. The snow wasn't deep but a couple of small hills didn't stop it. In 4x4 it really did well for not having a locker. I would love to repower this w/ a locker.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

haha..we used to do this in alaska..we would tie 6-8 ropes though at different lengths and go real fast and have "sled wars" on the ORV roads on Ft. Wainwright near the ski hill...soo much fun!

powerhouseduece

M809 hoods work the best! just be sure to remove the latches on the top of the hood first! I pulled my sled out already, just waiting on the snow!!!!!!! :D

bcowanwheels

From my experience a power lock in the front axle and leave the rear open diff. This eliminates the harsh wear on the rear tires from a locker and gives you double the traction in the heavy front end area. This setup will take you 95% of anywhere you want to go and keep you ridin good on dry roads.
Jmo
bob