• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So my wife is a bit mad at me....

drewmech

But that means I'm about to have some fun. Won a M1008 on gov liquidation today! All my problems are about to start! Ah well best $1400 truck ill ever own. Sooo I guess it's time to start reading up on EUC and SF86 stuff. Any lessons learned or tips on this stuff (truck or paperwork) would be great. Looking forward to getting off the bench and joining to conversation.

V/r
Drew

Durango_USMC

Grease, grease, and more grease... electrical issues, read all the stickies, read the TM's, and mine has a nasty case of death wobble. Also remember the truck is 20+ years old so expect leaks and rotting hoses. Also make sure the VIN matches whats on the paperwork so you get a title with the correct VIN. Enjoy and let us know when it gets home.

PS: The FAQ thread is a great resource for knowledge here without hunting through the TM's.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Buy a good multimeter rofl

congrats!

trukhead

But that means I'm about to have some fun. Won a M1008 on gov liquidation today! All my problems are about to start! Ah well best $1400 truck ill ever own. Sooo I guess it's time to start reading up on EUC and SF86 stuff. Any lessons learned or tips on this stuff (truck or paperwork) would be great. Looking forward to getting off the bench and joining to conversation.

V/r
Drew
Your looking for an SF-97, not an SF86.

swinters

LOL while I don't mind making her mad from time to time I don't want her to divource me! She might take the truck with her!
I'd be worried if she wants to learn to drive it and asks you to see if the head lights are on! Let me know if you need any help or info (I'm in Olympia). I also have a parts truck with some stuff left on it.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha, ha. A month from now pull up a picture of a deuce or 5 ton and tell her you won that too! rofl
That's not too bad...I bid and won a M1008 AND a Deuce. Just before my chief and I left to pick them up, I told the wife that we were going to pick up the trucks, and one of them was a BIG truck. All she said was 'OK honey, no problem'! I told her again and that she might not be happy, she again replied, 'OK honey, no problem'. The FUN started when we drove both trucks into the driveway that night...:mrgreen:

Oh, were still hitched, and she has ALOT more shoes and purses!fat lady sings

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's not too bad...I bid and won a M1008 AND a Deuce. Just before my chief and I left to pick them up, I told the wife that we were going to pick up the trucks, and one of them was a BIG truck. All she said was 'OK honey, no problem'! I told her again and that she might not be happy, she again replied, 'OK honey, no problem'. The FUN started when we drove both trucks into the driveway that night...:mrgreen:

Oh, were still hitched, and she has ALOT more shoes and purses!fat lady sings
She KNEW what she was doing. And, she parlayed your addiction into an increase in hers. LOL

Do you feel exploited now?

MarcusOReallyus

Well I would agree about the part about being exploited, but she really had NO idea what a deuce was until it showed up...rofl

She didn't have to know what it was. All she needed to know was that she had you. You were fishtailing all over the place, so she knew you were about to come home with a big bat he could use on YOU! All she had to do was play along and let you build the trap and watch you walk into it. :mrgreen:

Scarecrow1

Can you say Jewelry????? Then you can start looking at 5tons without any grief. A caret for her = a 5ton for you......I was lucky enough to lose the first wife win a 5ton and have a second wife that loves both of us :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you say Jewelry????? Then you can start looking at 5tons without any grief. A caret for her = a 5ton for you......I was lucky enough to lose the first wife win a 5ton and have a second wife that loves both of us :)
Your SECOND WIFE loves both YOU and your FIRST WIFE :?::!: That's kinda different :!:

Or did you mean that your SECOND WIFE loves both YOU and the 5-TON :?: Guess that little pronoun left me baffled aua

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Teach her to drive it. ( it may come in handy). Then when you get a second truck, she gets the choice on which one she gets to drive. Complete the ensemble with camo pants and tech boots. After a while the trucks just blend into the background.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks