• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So you want to go faster?

joshuaz223

my cousin has a hunting buggy down in south fl. it is a single rear axle deuce with a frito lay van body. he had it re-powered with a bbc and thats when the break problems surfaced. his is running some big tractor tires but on steroids, huge lugs. two years ago he brought the truck home for the winter and asked me to fix the breaks. a friend had a wrecked f550 diesel so thats where i started. i machined new brackets and mounts. it took a while and would be pretty expensive to pay to have done but if you are creative and work with someone who has the tools it ain't that hard. the f550 has an electronic break assist because the diesel has no vacuum. i even toyed with the idea of using the antilock breaks but ran out of time. i am disabled now but have a full machine and welding shop in my garage. if anyone needs any help or small things machined give me a call. i like to help people out and get some use out of my tools. anyone living close and wants to use my shop feel free to ask i can even offer training and ridicule. free of charge. i have portable plasma,mig,dc tig and stick to 325 amp and shop plasma, mig, ac/dc tig and stick to 300 amp. i have 2 surface grinders, 3 vertical and 1 horizontal mill, 2 lathes a nice band saw and my prized Milwaukee mag drill. very handy for drilling frames. i can also sand and bead blast and do anodizing aluminum and salt bluing of steel

Jakob

my cousin has a hunting buggy down in south fl. it is a single rear axle deuce with a frito lay van body. he had it re-powered with a bbc and thats when the break problems surfaced. his is running some big tractor tires but on steroids, huge lugs. two years ago he brought the truck home for the winter and asked me to fix the breaks. a friend had a wrecked f550 diesel so thats where i started. i machined new brackets and mounts. it took a while and would be pretty expensive to pay to have done but if you are creative and work with someone who has the tools it ain't that hard. the f550 has an electronic break assist because the diesel has no vacuum. i even toyed with the idea of using the antilock breaks but ran out of time. i am disabled now but have a full machine and welding shop in my garage. if anyone needs any help or small things machined give me a call. i like to help people out and get some use out of my tools. anyone living close and wants to use my shop feel free to ask i can even offer training and ridicule. free of charge. i have portable plasma,mig,dc tig and stick to 325 amp and shop plasma, mig, ac/dc tig and stick to 300 amp. i have 2 surface grinders, 3 vertical and 1 horizontal mill, 2 lathes a nice band saw and my prized Milwaukee mag drill. very handy for drilling frames. i can also sand and bead blast and do anodizing aluminum and salt bluing of steel
Are you adopting!:razz: Impressive sounding shop you have there.

slash79

i think its great that companys are still making products for these old trucks. i cant wait to get back to the states and get one of these to start wrenching on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks