• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SoCal 2014 Summer Rally Camping Southern California San Bernardino mountains Big Bear

Russm

Any updates on the morning meet time in Hesperia on Friday?

With all this weird summer rain we've been having. Its probably OK for firewood, but I don't know where to check the actual status

Blendmaster2002

The meet time for the Friday convoy is 7:00am-9:00am, leaving the meet spot around 9:00am.

Everyone is welcome to join the Friday convoy or show up at any time during the event at the campground, see first post for more details.

The head count is mainly so I have a rough idea for the Saturday BBQ.

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it bad that I read that in your accent?
No, it is not bad.
I'm going to turn off the computer now cause you just hurt my feelings. If you need me I'll be crying in the corner of my room while I stuff my face with chocolate chip ice cream.

On a serious note does anyone know if we are going to be able to have a campfire?

Blendmaster2002

Ok the Saturday barbecue will be an American favorite, burgers and chicken drumsticks with baked beans, corn, potato salad and peach halves.

Cupcakes return by popular demand and request (you know who you guys are), so my mom will bake some of those up and make the potato salad.

As of today a Campfire will be allowed. :D

The clean up ranges near by are closed due to fire danger level and will most likely be closed until November.

And once again for those coming on the convoy trail run to camp on Friday the meet time is 7:00-9:00am. Leaving the meet spot around 9:00am.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many thanks to Prospector GM and Blendmaster for saving me from myself. I would have probably ended up stuck between two rocks with no one to call had I tried to follow the initial map I pulled up for the trip to Big Bear.

Thanks again for the advice...

Blendmaster2002

Hey guys below in this post is another route to the Rally which starts at the 15fwy and BearValley road.

If attending the Rally choose what route works best for you. See the first post under Directions to campground for the other maps and directions, one route starts at the 330 fwy , another route is the Friday convoy meeting at 7:00-9:00am.

Directions: from the 15 fwy at Bear Valley Rd, take Bear Valley Rd east make a right on CA-18, in Lucerne turn right on CA-18 to stay on CA-18, head up the mountain past Baldwin lake continue on to North shore drive CA-38 to Fawn skin, right on Rim of the World Dr also known as Coxey Rd which is Forest Rd 3N14 continue on 3N14 until you reach 3N16 Big Pine Flat Rd turn left and on your right in under 1/2 a mile will be the entrance to the camp ground Big Pine Flat Equestrian Group Campground.

Google map link: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34....0x80c4bc88e8713c4b:0xb72c376426618c3a!1m0!3e0

leo4x4

Being in the air conditioning business in this hot weather im not going to make it either.

Bommer was really looking forward for some cupcakes.

Prospector GM

I was looking forward to meeting you guys, MuleMac01 and armytruck63, well there is always the 2014 SoCal Fall Rally presented by FASTNOVA !
What no ZOHAN !!!!

Last edited:

dochowz

Sorry guys...I'm gonna have to bow out myself. Have a brake problem on the truck and a few other obstacles I can't avoid by Friday. Unfortunately I will have to wait till the fall.