• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

solargizer a/c adapter?

yeager1

I want to get a Solargizer. I was looking at the mil-spec one (part #IS-24-L for $54.00 online), but noticed that they also make one with an a/c adapter (for $215!), pictured below. Can you add this a/c adapter to the IS-24-L? Thanks

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't say for sure, BUT, the AC adapter would likely go into the control unit where the two leads of the solar panel go into it. So, if you would cut those leads and put some kind of connector on the leads, and the same kind on the AC adapter leads, you should be able to interchange them at your whim (remove the solar panel and insert the AC adapter).

The control unit shouldn't care where it's input is coming from...as long as it's seeing some small DC voltage it should operate just the same. The solar panel should put out maybe 6 volts DC or less (just an assumption), so a 6 volt output AC adapter should serve the same purpose.

Just my 2cents

jarhead1086

If you wanted to use just one or the other I think it would work like you said, makes sense. I would like a schematic of what is inside the controller though. I need to get mine hooked up. I have seen cars catch fire from cell phone chargers. I have no experince with solar panels and would like to put a big one that would stow between the cab and the bed to protect it, then have it deploy to the cab roof once you park to charge up some batteries hooked to an inverter to run AC things. I have my Honda generator, but I hate to run it just to hear the Bose while I shoot.

stampy

Just buy a cheap float charger,if you need a/c I have a solargiser on 3 vehicles and never needed an a/c adapter. Oh and if you watch for them you can sometimes find them for under 60$:grin:

stampy

Jarhead, solar is good for many things but output is the problem. In full sun the best biggest production panel is 7.7a at 26v which will charge your 24v batteries, but is not a lot of power once you convert it to A/C power. I am not against solar, as I distribute some on the side but we have to be realistic.