• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting camper build tomorrow

Masspilot

Yes it's all in my head lol once I get it back on truck and the plywood on floor I am going to lay out masking tape to mark out placement of stuff

Duckworthe

Yes it's all in my head lol once I get it back on truck and the plywood on floor I am going to lay out masking tape to mark out placement of stuff
You cant do that, It has to be all designed in CAD or at least Sketch-up first before you can even think about building this sort of thing MASSPILOT. HAHAHA just joking! I know you use Hand CAD. You cant fool me! Its looking good by the way. Now just hurry up already and lets go on a trip. Oh and hurry up and get me my hot water heater, I'm freezing!
Eric

Another Ahab

You cant do that, It has to be all designed in CAD or at least Sketch-up first before you can even think about building this sort of thing MASSPILOT. HAHAHA just joking! I know you use Hand CAD. You cant fool me! Its looking good by the way. Now just hurry up already and lets go on a trip. Oh and hurry up and get me my hot water heater, I'm freezing!
Eric

:funny:

Masspilot

Already did it's well under the 26000 lbs the box actually only weighs 1640lbs when they lifted just the box the crane had a scale on it. The box is actually lighter then the original bed. Airdrop version weighs just a little over 16000lbs without fuel.or crew from original. I made sure I looked up all the specs. So I have plenty of room to play with.

Last edited:

99nouns

Just for the search results FMTV M1078 bed weighs about 2500lbs in case someone searches in the future.

Last edited:

Masspilot

The box is pretty much done just a few small things to finish and should be painting box with Rust-Oleum gloss black this week. KIMG0186.jpgKIMG0184.jpg

Masspilot

It sits exactly 11'6" right now from ground to top of camper box. Once ac is installed on roof I will sit at 12' 7". Well below the dot limit if anyone has any questions feel free to text or call me 502-640-1225