• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ste ice

Emmett

No it isn't an A3 Duce..
Anyway, I think Rich Miller (RIV RAD) has a few with the parts. Seems a lot of the STE ICE units are missing the connector for the CUCV and later vehicles.
As far as the Duce goes, you don't need the large connector to get the info. It's smarter than a thermos.

Equiland

Hey Recovry 4X4

Do you still have the ste/ice? If so, I am interested in buying it. If it is still available, we can discuss price and shipping (I'll take care of the shipping).

Equiland

aboonski

I bought one several years ago and tried several times to punch in the code for the CUCV using the port connection under the dash. Never coulld get the thing to show me anything but an error message. I did but another meter pretty cheap from a surplus web site and need to try that one out to see if it will work. I have been told there is a software update for these but hard to find a source for that. I may chack out the other meter tomorrow. The unit is quite impressive with all of the parts and case that it comes in can be used as a seat or to get you up higher to check the oil in your M1008!

ryan77

Ive had one for 3 years finally got all the pieces just last week to complete the set! Getting the current probe and transducers is the hardest part!!

aboonski

My set was complete but like I said, I could not get it to work. Even tried it on a friend's M1009 with the same results. Today I will try the other box to see if it will give me something other than an error message.

ryan77

My set was complete but like I said, I could not get it to work. Even tried it on a friend's M1009 with the same results. Today I will try the other box to see if it will give me something other than an error message.
You got lucky most are missing half the stuff! The complete ones that work usually go for $500 on ebay!!

OL AG '89

$500 !!!!
I bought one complete about 2 yrs ago for about $150, plus shipping. It was complete, worked and showed a update as of '03....
I used them while in so the learning cue was not as steep, but just as long.
I carry it to carshows and explain to younguns it's like the ODB of today only heavier!!

aboonski

Just tested the other VTM box and it works! Definitely happy about this because i want to see what RPM I will be at while hitting 55 MPH and above. First photo shows the RPM reading at idle - not sure if it was fast-idle at the time. When i revved the motor the readout indecated higher so I know this one is good. Did another test of the charging system and the reading was without anything electrical in use - turned on the headlights and the voltage dropped on the meter so that's good. Now I need to read the book a little (very thick). Last photo is the accessory tray.

Attachments

aboonski

Mutt1966 that's the kind of info I need! I was wondering if the idle speed was about right or too slow. Once I get the truck out on the highway and get up to speed I'll get RPM readings to see if there's accuracy with this thing. I almost want to leave it hooked up permanently just to have a tachometer to look at with large digits like this thing has. It's really responsive when you rev the engine. Finally I get to use this kit after lettingit sit for well over two years!

Panzerlied

ste/ice

Could you post a photo of the cable that plugs into that big 50 something pin diagnostic plug in side the cap the cucv M1008 M1009. Is there a part number on it??? My ste/ice box works but no cable for that big dumb plug....Thx Dave

Just tested the other VTM box and it works! Definitely happy about this because i want to see what RPM I will be at while hitting 55 MPH and above. First photo shows the RPM reading at idle - not sure if it was fast-idle at the time. When i revved the motor the readout indecated higher so I know this one is good. Did another test of the charging system and the reading was without anything electrical in use - turned on the headlights and the voltage dropped on the meter so that's good. Now I need to read the book a little (very thick). Last photo is the accessory tray.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two of them, one 100% complete plus the TM and passes all self tests. the second is missing the usual small parts but the Control Box works just as well as the other. My goal is to replace all the missing pieces and have two complete kits. Haven't used them yet since I got them except to test them; the CUCV has had nothing but fuel problems which aren't covered much by the STE/ICE and the M-35's have all been behaving themselves. The complete one's ready to do the job but like me there aint no work for it at this time. If no one beats me to it, I'll post the picture you requested later today.

mutt1966

I re-checked the IDLE RPM for the 6.2 from the 20 manual its 625 RPM for all except the M1010 thats 725 RPM COLD the fast IDLE Solenoid shpuld be 800 RPM the Civi 6.2's were set at 650 to 700 RPM's prolly because of emmissions there clear as mudd. Scott O&O

aboonski

I took a few photos of the big cable that is used for the CUCV. I think there's a part number for the cable which I captured via macro mode. I also wanted to thank Mutt1966 for the comeback with the idle RPM - I think I'll leave mine the way it is for now because it fluctuated between 628 & 629 RPM. Let me know if additional photos are necessary.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rather than make a new thread, I figured I'd add on to this one.

I recently bought and sold a complete STE/ICE-R kit and I figured I'd share a few photos of it to show what all is included in the complete set.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reviving an old thread.

I picked up a complete unit from GL. Missing the manual but I have a PDF copy.

I need to open it up and see if it works. What's the going price for a complete unit?

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reviving an old thread.

I picked up a complete unit from GL. Missing the manual but I have a PDF copy.

I need to open it up and see if it works. What's the going price for a complete unit?
Is the CUCV plug with it?