• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB,

Only one picture and you got my vote.

Bert

Just a funny story about the M38A1 Air Force Jeep.

My friend "Doc" bought that jeep (well part of it) from a junk yard. It was nothing but a stripped down tub. Doc and Marvin put that tub on a basket case jeep Marvin had and created a "rolling project" which I acquired from them about 13 years ago.

I bought a locked up engine and other stuff needed and put everything new in the engine, went through the trans, secured/installed everything we needed from a parts jeep I found and was about ready to paint her up when I remembered we hadn't really checked the brakes...except we knew they didn't work.

SO...on a Sunday a friend of mine and I went to the back lot to the "parts jeep" and dragged it around to the shop and put it on the lift. To my pleasant surprise the jeep had all the brake parts we could possibly need and they were in amazingly good condition...including the master cylinder...so we started swapping out parts and in a few hours we had brakes!

THEN...we were ready for a test drive! Started the new engine and she purred like a kitty.:jumpin: Dropped the transfer into 2WD and put the trans in first gear and eased out the clutch...you have never heard such a ruckus coming from the rear axle...and we weren't moving.:whistle:
Dropped the jeep into 4WD and let out the clutch...now there is double the ruckus but still no movement!:cookoo:

SO...back on the rack....to swap out the axles...and re-install all the brake stuff we had just removed from those axle assemblies...:shrugs:

NOW....we are ready to ride...and everything worked just as it should!

Got the paint prep done over the course of a couple of weeks and had a fresh gallon of Strata Blue paint sitting in the shop. MB come by for lunch on the day we were going to paint the jeep and wanted to see the paint...showed her a sample and she didn't like it....she looked at my mechanics Nissan Pathfinder...which was blue...and says..."I want THAT color...and so...she got it.

Now for the lettering....MB says she wants YELLOW lettering...because it will make everything "POP"!! And...so...she got it....along with the name "Lady Maria".

It took about 6 months to get the jeep going and she stays inside except for parades/displays etc., but for the last 11 years she has never failed to "perform".

Vote for MomaBear!!

Another Ahab

I was waiting for anybody who might have needed that one vote of validation, but the record shows that everybody's in.

Hey, VRshack and Kloakndagr, are you going to add your own vote to your rig!?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just a reminder...of course I prefer you vote for MamaBear...but heck...vote for whichever vehicle you like best...JUST VOTE!!
Arent those FAC guys the people you blame when the ordnance doesn't land where it is supposed to? Ha!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Last day to vote (for MamaBear I hope).

Poll closes at 18:21hrs (6:18PM) today. I don't think any of the registered dead folks have voted yet so it's still anybody's ball game.:naner:

zout

6going through the cemetary now to get more registered voters...will have to split them up so it does not look so obvious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks