• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - January VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
BUMP for the night shift.

Ya know...I'm kind of a numbers feller. Looks like 632 folks have viewed this thread but only 89 bothered to vote for anybody!:shock:

Here's how it works...look at the vehicles...pick the one you like best...for what ever reason ya come up with....then....VOTE!!:popcorn:

sandcobra164

PB, I need about 25 votes just to break even with 67beast's entry. I think I know who is going to win this month and it is a very nice truck!!! Perhap's I can vote on the last day for the Winner and do a fistbump with Lee!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, I need about 25 votes just to break even with 67beast's entry. I think I know who is going to win this month and it is a very nice truck!!! Perhap's I can vote on the last day for the Winner and do a fistbump with Lee!!!
That's not the important part, what's important is that your vehicle was nominated and got votes...which means it's appreciated by others.

Also...you never know who's gonna win until the last minute when the fat lady sings

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I do have to make a slight adjustment to the rules. We've had a reported PM from a member about "spam". Please keep the campaigning to the thread, not PMs.

67Beast

Bump for the day crew.

Thanks everyone so far, I'm floored by all the support for my 67' M715. This vehicle was marked for the 313th ASA out of FT. Bragg which was a unit my father served with in the early 60's. They were sent to Key West FL. during the Cuban Missile Crisis and stayed in a brand new hotel while there (rough duty, lol). The most fun I have with this and all my other MV's is getting the opportunity help with the local veterans in parades around the area. Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veterans Day, and the Moving Vietnam Wall to name just some of the great area parades we have taken the vehicles to.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Bump for the day crew.

Thanks everyone so far, I'm floored by all the support for my 67' M715. This vehicle was marked for the 313th ASA out of FT. Bragg which was a unit my father served with in the early 60's. They were sent to Key West FL. during the Cuban Missile Crisis and stayed in a brand new hotel while there (rough duty, lol). The most fun I have with this and all my other MV's is getting the opportunity help with the local veterans in parades around the area. Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veterans Day, and the Moving Vietnam Wall to name just some of the great area parades we have taken the vehicles to.
That's one of the best looking M715's I've seen and I think it's the ONLY one I've seen with an M2HB mounted!!:beer:

67Beast

Thanks Papabear, I had found a few pics of a couple M715 in Vietnam with M2HB's which was my inspiration to add it to mine.

Attachments

CUCVLOVER

I guess nobody likes my old forestry truck.

It was sold to the Arkansas state forestry service to pull a goose neck trailer many years ago but if it had history before I don't know it. The guy I bought it from in fall 2013 Is who bought it from forestry.
I did a Vin search and its definitely a m1008 that had overload springs added, and the truck was built in Michigan and that's all the history I lve got.
Its pulled everything I have ever hooked it to.
I pulled a 36,000 lbs weight sled over 210 ft and the running gear is completely stock.
Its pulled a 40 ft long single wide house trailer that weights right at 10,000 lbs and it pulled it like it wasn't back there. It has also pulled an assortment of boats and other trailers.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping for a sympathy vote as my M561 Gama Goat purchase from GSA fell through due to their "material misrepresentation" (their words) of the condition of it, but it turns out I got another one so maybe I should get the sympathy vote for having gotten a M561 Gama Goat.

1943ht

I should have done this a couple of weeks ago.

Just wanted to provide a few more pics of a truly historic and ultra rare MV and yes to shamelessly garner some more votes for a very unique members ride.

This MV is not just a half-track, this particular beauty served in four conflicts on as many continents .. its not a tribute vehicle or a copy of a vehicle seen in a picture (all good things and projects I admire and have accomplished myself), The Queen is the real deal and I believe its very worthy of your vote!!!!

Finding it was one thing, but jumping thru the hoops to bring it back from Africa and save it from destruction was the real feat! Not about the dollar thing to get it back, but getting "UNCLE" to allow it back into the country was the real challenge. My goal with this beast remains rock solid and unchanged, "To Share its educational and historic value with the public so that they might have a greater appreciation for the sacrifice of those who fought for their freedom"!!

1 As Found in   Africa Dec 06.jpg4 Back in the right markings.jpg5A As found front view.jpg5B Unit markinngs from Korea.jpgP1000076.jpgP1000087.jpgP1000113.jpgP1000094.jpgP1150002.jpg3 As found passenger side.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks