• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Top For Deuce

SasquatchSanta

I'm considering swapping out the fiberglass top that came on my deuce www.M35MonsterTruck.com for a stock steel top.

There's nothing wrong with my fiberglass top. I just think my ruck would look better with a stock top.

Does anyone know the going rate on a stock steel top in good condition?

acetomatoco

The original style tops with the Ordnance design are about $800 retail these days if you can find them... The ones being made now are for the 900 series truck and are a few inches wider for the ever growing driver...

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you stand safely on a glass top? I have dented up the steel one! be afraid to stand on the glass one..

SasquatchSanta

RE: flag

Glad to see you flying the flag but according to the law. "When the flag is displayed on a motor car, the staff should be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender" The complete rules are here http://www.bcpl.net/~etowner/flagcode.html
Well thank you for straightening me out on that.

Technically those aren't flags on the back AND, when flying "flags" (plural) the law doesn't say you "can't" fly a flag from the left fender.

Good luck on trying to correct people that fly flags on their back windows.

As a verteran I assure you and all the other Steel Soldiers readers that am not and would not disrespect the flag. The truck was decorated for a welcome home parade and a 4th of July parade for Christ sake.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
RE: flag

hardtops, steel, hard to find. if anyone had/has them for $800 i will take 10. memphis has reproductions that they had made up and they are $1500, white owl has steel with no sliding window for $995. just my .02¢
tom

FSBruva

Re: RE: flag

SasquatchSanta said:
Glad to see you flying the flag but according to the law. "When the flag is displayed on a motor car, the staff should be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender" The complete rules are here http://www.bcpl.net/~etowner/flagcode.html
Well thank you for straightening me out on that.

Technically those aren't flags on the back AND, when flying "flags" (plural) the law doesn't say you "can't" fly a flag from the left fender.

Good luck on trying to correct people that fly flags on their back windows.

As a verteran I assure you and all the other Steel Soldiers readers that am not and would not disrespect the flag. The truck was decorated for a welcome home parade and a 4th of July parade for Christ sake.
Agreed - bunting (the stuff on the bed) was INVENTED to allow for more patriotic display options than the flag regulations would allow.

No worries Sasquatch... I don't think anyone would have you decorate Rosie any other way.

Matt

papercu

Flags

Another case of not reading. Nothing was said about the blunting but what you wrote. But there are rules for that too. I was just giving you a simple heads up about the Flag. The rule is plain there is one flag on the right or Section 3 says if more than one America Flag all should be on the right.There was another thread the other day about Flags on trucks if you care to check that out. Wayne

jatonka

RE: Flags

I build the fiberglass tops and yes you can stand on the top as long as it is bolted on according to my instructions. and they are quieter than steel tops. They have their own personality as far as appearence goes. as far as standing on it at =50 KPH, wear a safety harness. JT out

SasquatchSanta

I should state that there isn't anything wrong with the top on my Deuce.

John builds a top that is as strong if not stronger than the original steel assembly. It's also probably quieter than a steel assembly.

As a mater of personal preference I just feel the original unit would look better.

There are three raised light pads on the top of the fiberglass unit that cry for clearance lights. The problem being, if you are going to install clearance lights, five, not three, are require. Also, speaking as a non purist, once you stray off of the standard military lighting, other lighting requirements come into play like a requirement for three lights in the rear and other civilian DOT stuff.

I priced a steel top at Memphis equipment. They want almost $1,600.00 for a new unit.Ouch!!!

My problem has worked it's self out in that I'm buying another deuce that I'm going to convert into a topless 4X4 Woods Woogie. This means I'll have a steel top for Rosie.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial

Barstow truck has take off steel tops for $500 but they are all in rough shape, the tops are all caved in pretty bad and they wont budge on the price.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the white owl tops those with a smaller fixed window? $995 isn't that bad?? Could always get an upgraded slider from a camper supplier to put in it.