• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Step 2 Insulating the Cab

Odyssey M

for a while i was selling templates for the cab which included the firewall and don't forget the underside of the cowl. removing the dash panel and heater diverter if installed is not really that hard and allows a real good job.

tom
[thumbzup] Great job everyone. Those pics are sweat! This is on my short list for sure.

Tom, are you still selling the templates? I am all about saving some time to offset the amount of projects being spent on my vehicles.

Odyssey M

The liner is called Zilla Mat , I used their 80mil thick product . The floor mat is just a stall mat that is 1/2" thick . Very sturdy and durable . Should last quite awhile .
Bob,

I just checked out the zilla mat site. How much of the product did you use--25, 50, 100 sq ft.? I am curious on pricing the total cost to wrap my cab.

Welder Sam

Im guessing the arctic insulation kit is pre-cut? Ive got one but havent opened it. There wont be enough to go around the cab tho. Im looking at 24v electric a/c units from a guy in Mesa. Yall ever looked at them?

bob270win

I bought the 50 sq ft roll . It seemed to be just enough . I made sure to measure and cut every piece and use scrap pieces where ever I could ! The 100 sq ft roll would be over-kill and a lot of left-over material .

Welder Sam

http://portable-aircraft-air-condit...tion.com/real-ac-portable-air-conditioner.htm
i really dont want much more pulling off of the already weak enough engine is what got me looking this way
Aircraft Air Conditioner | 12 Volt Air Conditioner | 24 Volt Air Conditioner |
RAC 400-2-24D
24 Volt 400 CFPM With Two Flexible Ducts
The REAL A/C UNIT
is a self contained, completely portable a/c unit with
compressor and 134A refrigerant.
It is perfect for multi-passenger aircraft.
This unit fits right in the luggage compartment.
It can be installed or removed in a matter of minutes.
FREE SHIPPING
$4,519.95

or
RAC 400-2-24
24 Volt RAC Unit 400 CFPM With Louver Vents
The REAL A/C UNIT
is a self contained, completely portable a/c unit with
compressor and 134A refrigerant.
It is perfect for multi-passenger aircraft.
This unit fits right in the luggage compartment.
It can be installed or removed in a matter of minutes.
FREE SHIPPING
$4,519.95

Last edited: