• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock M880 axles

Monkeyboyarmy

I don't plan to head east until Aberdeen.The truck is out in the weeds so I'll have to take a look at it when I get a chance.I just bought the truck for parts and never drove it.

Blythewoodjoe

I have a set and I am passing your way on my way up to Aberdeen for the rally. What are they worth? I had not planned to get rid of them in case I need some for my truck but I might.

Joe Trapp

BIGDIG

Hey Joe,The axles are worth alot to me,the D60 I have from my 880 will need too much work and the 44 front was trash.The entire Trailduster build is on hold until I get the axles.Depending on the condition,Id be willing to pay around 300 each.
Monkeyboy,Thats why my axles got trashed,sitting in a field too long,I hope their ok.Seems like I can get them at the same time so whoever has the best shape and cheapest axles.
Let me know please so I can cross them off the list and start looking for other parts.
Thanks
Bob

Blythewoodjoe

Well, if sitting is bad on them, I will need to check out my parts truck and my M886 real good before I can let you know anything. I am sure both of thees trucks has been sitting a long time. What goes bad in them? I assume there could be some seal issues and maybe rust on the parts that where high and dry with no gear oil on them. I guess it would really suck to let these go and find my runner needs stuff. I will start checking stuff out real close this week and if I do everything as normal, I will forget to follow threw with everything and remember it a month from now. This pattern is getting worse with age too.

BIGDIG

Well mine sat for about 8 years with no drive train in it.Still have the 383 I was going to put in it.I had a Dana 70 under it and was in the prosses of lifting it 6" and also put an S250 commo shelter in it.Well it sat for so lng in a small field on a farm I lived that the frame and the brakes/drums rotted.The fram got real bad with large flakes of rust and the brakes just fused themselve to the drums.If you jack the truck up and all 4 wheels spin freely,then Ill buy them.Whats your offer..
Bob

Blythewoodjoe

I see. Both my trucks roll well and the one that runs drives well so I'll look the the parts truck over real good some time this week when I'm caught up with work and get back to you in a day or two with their condition. If we can work something out I might be able to bring them up your way if gas prices stay low.

Elwenil

Hmm, no axles? Sounds like a good time to upgrade to a front D60 if you aren't doing a restoration and are going to get rough with it. Also a good opportunity to convert to part time 4WD if that appeals to you.

citizensoldier

How come I inconvenience FS Bruva on his trip to GA, and dug out a set of NOS ones that you said you wanted to buy?? I also made many arrangement to make sure they went south only to have you never meet up with him like you said and never call him back? This left me with a set of axles in Fl that I had to further inconvenience other people to get moved and sell???? Things that piss me off are people that dont do what they say they will??? WTF???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang Lane, I thought I remembered something to that effect but thought I was mistaken. Now I remember it clearly.

BIGDIG

Yeah I remember all that @#$%.I was planning to meet him half way or where ever he needed to make it easy for him.I asked for his route and when he was leaving,NO REPLY...I asked for his phone #...NO REPLY...This went on for weeks..then,ready for this....a few days before he was planning to leave,he replies back asking when he was going to get his money....YEAH OK,Ill get right on it..I had the same issue on here when I was trying to sell an S250 shelter,so many people said they wanted it,one guy even lived a few towns from me and said he would be over to check it out,NOTHING....I finally sold it to a member who said he would drive 2hrs just to look at it,yeah he did and came back 2 weeks later when he said he would and took it home.
Im sick of people who say they will sell axles to me and then blow me off.I need them so why would I ignore you.Im 41,not a teenage punk ass..I need these axles so I can start setting up my truck this summer.If no one on here wants to help me out that local then dont bother replying.This guy in SC that has a set,yeah if he has a diesel,then I was planning on setting him up with some fuel as well as the $ for them..
Is there anything else I can do for you..:popcorn:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you've been trying to buy a set of axles for well over a year now.:?:

You may have to actually come up with money and go pick them up yourself :roll:

I have several sets of M880 axles, but I won't give them away or bring them to you.

But let us know if the good fairy drops some off at your door for free.

Here's a tip,
M880 axles are the same as Dodge W200 axles, go to a junk yard and buy some.

BIGDIG

Yeah ok,I didnt know I needed to have money to get axles....I thought that people would just give them to me and anything else I wanted,what do you mean you wont bring them to me,I dont understand why..FREE...you mean all this time I could have just looked under my pillow and found a set from the fairy...
Whatever guys
Nice knowing you

To any moderator out there
DELETE ME
Ill go join the Mickey Mouse Club

citizensoldier

Yeah I remember all that @#$%.I was planning to meet him half way or where ever he needed to make it easy for him.I asked for his route and when he was leaving,NO REPLY...I asked for his phone #...NO REPLY...This went on for weeks..then,ready for this....a few days before he was planning to leave,he replies back asking when he was going to get his money....YEAH OK,Ill get right on it..I had the same issue on here when I was trying to sell an S250 shelter,so many people said they wanted it,one guy even lived a few towns from me and said he would be over to check it out,NOTHING....I finally sold it to a member who said he would drive 2hrs just to look at it,yeah he did and came back 2 weeks later when he said he would and took it home.
Im sick of people who say they will sell axles to me and then blow me off.I need them so why would I ignore you.Im 41,not a teenage punk ass..I need these axles so I can start setting up my truck this summer.If no one on here wants to help me out that local then dont bother replying.This guy in SC that has a set,yeah if he has a diesel,then I was planning on setting him up with some fuel as well as the $ for them..
Is there anything else I can do for you..:popcorn:
Well your reply is total bunk! FS Bruva is a officer in the Coast Guard and was moving to Atlanta so I dont think he would not do what he committed to do. I asked for half the money down for a month before this. You never sent it. Me being a nice guy un-crated them loaded them into a trailer I sold to a guy in Fl. Hauled them over to his place a hour away so he could pull the trailer and the axles to Fl.. PM's were sent, phone calls were made. Reply's from you never came, money never came .. Oh yes and its been over a year and now your back on here trying to find some. I dont recall calling you a punk ass but your reply stinks of it. Sellers be aware of this guy and get your money up front.
The only issue here is your full of ****!