• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage charges from the yard

Thunderbirds

Hey all,

I was wondering who has had storage charges from the GP yard, and at what point did they start?

My shipping company is slooooooowwwwww and I am afraid they may start charging me soon... Bummer.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

I was wondering who has had storage charges from the GP yard, and at what point did they start?

My shipping company is slooooooowwwwww and I am afraid they may start charging me soon... Bummer.

Thanks in advance.

Lee
Get the contact info for the yard and call them, I have gone over after contacting them and have never had an issue, the yard I usually go to is only open like three days a week which makes coordination a problem to begin with.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you schedule your pick up already probably is not good but my friend is a shipper/broker of heavy equipment and all kind of transportation. My MRZR was released today around 1:00pm and by 5:00 pm he had it scheduled to be picked up this coming thursday. I can share his contact if you want.
By the way, congrats on your purchase

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

Thanks in advance.

Lee
You can read the terms on your sale at the GP site for how long you have to pickup the item, But as I said I suspect as long as you are in communications with them you should be OK.
Did you schedule pickup from a GP provider?

Thunderbirds

You can read the terms on your sale at the GP site for how long you have to pickup the item, But as I said I suspect as long as you are in communications with them you should be OK.
Yea, the terms are the generic ones, 8 days blah blah.

The pickup hasn't been scheduled yet, the item was released last Monday and I sent the release info last Wednesday. It's getting down to the wire.

The storage charges are $25 per extra day. But if I have to look for another hauler, it may drag it out another few days...

I sure hope the broker comes through soon and picks the truck up.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Awol

My shipper did the same thing. Told me it would be picked up within 8 days, but took 16 days. I didn't get charged any storage fees. When I asked the shipper about it, he claimed he's never run into anyone getting charged storage fees.

Who knows? Dealing with shippers can be annoying.

Thunderbirds

The company is a top provider through GP, but I hired them outside of Veritread. They're reputable, or so I think. The route is hard to fill, I get that, but I would just like to have the truck here...

If AWOL went through similar, I should be ok too. Probably average in that industry, and I am being impatient.

Thanks.

Thunderbirds

My shipper did the same thing. Told me it would be picked up within 8 days, but took 16 days. I didn't get charged any storage fees. When I asked the shipper about it, he claimed he's never run into anyone getting charged storage fees.

Who knows? Dealing with shippers can be annoying.
Definitely annoying.

Man, I hope I don't have to wait 16 days. This company also told me (on the low-down) they don't charge storage. Probably a scare tactic IMO. It would be my luck they'd start and I'd run up a tab of a few hundred $$$...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There are no storage charges. It was a thing when private companies were doing a majority of the storages when GP first started.

There is just default period which was 90 or 60 maybe 30days if it has changed.
. Dunno what it is now but it also depends on your state law on defaults. They can't simply take your vehicle or the money for it and not compensate you for either one.

Thunderbirds

There are no storage charges. It was a thing when private companies were doing a majority of the storages when GP first started.

There is just default period which was 90 or 60 maybe 30days if it has changed.
. Dunno what it is now but it also depends on your state law on defaults. They can't simply take your vehicle or the money for it and not compensate you for either one.
Great news and awesome explanation. Thanks! It reads 60 days before the item is considered defaulted.

Jinx

Somewhat off topic but I hate Veritread bidders that don't bother reading the post before bidding. For example, my truck was listed as not running and having a flat tire. So many bids stated offer was good if truck was running and moving. And no, I don't have an unloading ramp.

In this case, I'm sure it said it had to be picked up within 8 days. If they were unable to fill that requirement, they shouldn't have bid.

Thunderbirds

We'll, here we go. Got this email from GP this morning. I've been told, and some of your habe suggested to call them and figure things out. My broker still hasn't been able to fill the trip. FRUSTRATING

This is a reminder notice. Our records indicate that, at the date and time of this email, which is eight (8) days following your availability of the Item Release, you have not marked the following item(s) as picked up.

If the item(s) has been picked up, please click the link below to update the pickup status.

null

If you have not yet picked up the item(s), please be advised that you may now be charged storage fees and/or administrative fees. You are responsible for paying any and all storage and administrative fees levied on the item(s) prior to pick-up. The maximum storage fees will be 25.00 (USD, CAD, EUR, or GBP) per day, beginning on the 9th day following availability of the Item Release, with the total amount not to exceed 1,500.00 (USD, CAD, EUR, or GBP). Please be advised that the item(s) will be deemed abandoned after thirty (30) calendar days following availability of the Item Release. At which time you will have forfeited all rights to this item(s) and will have no recourse against IronPlanet or any of our sellers in the future.

Thank you again for using GovPlanet. We look forward to helping you successfully complete the transaction for your new purchase(s).

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll, here we go. Got this email from GP this morning. I've been told, and some of your habe suggested to call them and figure things out. My broker still hasn't been able to fill the trip. FRUSTRATING

This is a reminder notice. Our records indicate that, at the date and time of this email, which is eight (8) days following your availability of the Item Release, you have not marked the following item(s) as picked up.

If the item(s) has been picked up, please click the link below to update the pickup status.

null

If you have not yet picked up the item(s), please be advised that you may now be charged storage fees and/or administrative fees. You are responsible for paying any and all storage and administrative fees levied on the item(s) prior to pick-up. The maximum storage fees will be 25.00 (USD, CAD, EUR, or GBP) per day, beginning on the 9th day following availability of the Item Release, with the total amount not to exceed 1,500.00 (USD, CAD, EUR, or GBP). Please be advised that the item(s) will be deemed abandoned after thirty (30) calendar days following availability of the Item Release. At which time you will have forfeited all rights to this item(s) and will have no recourse against IronPlanet or any of our sellers in the future.

Thank you again for using GovPlanet. We look forward to helping you successfully complete the transaction for your new purchase(s).
Don't know what towing companies charge for storage but if its cheaper you could get one of the local guys to pick it up and hold onto it for you. Some thing to look into................ Good Luck

Awol

I got the same email when I was waiting for mine to be picked up. I never got charged storage fees.

Thunderbirds

I got the same email when I was waiting for mine to be picked up. I never got charged storage fees.
Yea, you mentioned that, so I am hopeful. Thanks AWOL...

Don't know what towing companies charge for storage but if its cheaper you could get one of the local guys to pick it up and hold onto it for you. Some thing to look into................ Good Luck
Something to consider for sure...

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
contacting the yard directly is the best option. As long as you are in contact with them and making it clear you are working on getting the item picked up, they will usually be a bit more lenient than if you just blow them off and show up a week or three late.

Thunderbirds

Awesome update:

The truck was picked up and is on it's way.

Wow, the agency/broker did finally come through. Also, they shared the background story a bit. Apparently they had assigned the haul to a fraudulent driver, who "double brokered".\ and was going to charge a full load instead of a partial. Luckily, they claim, to have a final check in place that prevented the driver to pick up and deliver here only to demand the full price before unloading. I read similar like that before, either on this board or similar. I don't recall.

Anywho, it seems to fall in place. Delivery expected for Monday.

1000014632.jpg