• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

summer winter valve

Channing

The summer winter valve on my exhaust manifold which way is summer and which winter?? Is there any tricks to freeing up the control before I start?? Anything else I should know. ?? Thanks Channing

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always just set them in the center position, and forget about it. I think it was supposed to produce more carb heat, in the winter. Dan has a good feeling for them. Some of the other early vehicles, like the Internationals, in line sixes, had the flapper on a heat sensitive spring, so as the engine warmed, it would open the flapper. Not sure if they had a measurable effect on the engine, either way. The gas consumption of the M37 was always bad to worse, 4 to 5 mpgs. But its my idea of a "four wheeler", and I still use it daily on the ranch. The neighbor Kids are impressed!

To answer the question, having the flapper deflect the exhaust upwards toward the intake manifold is the winter position. I don't remember which way that is, without seeing it.

Lee in Alaska

Channing

winter valve

Well mine is set in the middle I will make one attempt too free it up without breaking it. Or I will leave it a loan. Thanks For your help

pwrwagonfire

Darn...I have the answer for you, but its at home in my M37 tech manual...:?

There is a picture in there with the specific explanations for it. Maybe somebody could look it up in theirs for you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks