• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sunday winching gone wrong...

spicergear

Oh, take note of the spot of white paint on the cable at the spool in the second and fourth pic. I did that so I know where to stop spooling in since I'm usually doing this crap by myself. Once I see that white spot I know I can hook the cable clevis end into one of my rear shackles to keep it from swinging or loosening much.

5tonpuller

I am glad it all winched out in the end.:p Mine has a hinge with a grove cut in it to hold the lever in the neutral position. ( from what I hear there was a issue with them getting into gear. This is/was not a pretty thing ) It will rewind the cable back words on the spool. There is only so much rewinding be for it gets tight. auaIt will do this AS you go down the road and by the time you finger this out, life will really suck. Adjustment here is VERY critical and knowing where the lever is. :deadhorse: There was winch play and no one called me??:sad:
I have seen a cable snap twice before. It was on a old cable shovel. It took out a small clump of trees like a weed eater does to grass. Flesh is not that tough.
Anyway here is my 2cents worth.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks