• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tankfest 2023 Bovington, England

f800

Attended Tankfest 2023 over the past weekend. For those enamored with armor, it’s a must see. Located on UK’s armor training grounds and adjacent to an excellent tank museum. Festival includes demonstrations of armor from WW1 to the present with reinactments. Also, lectures all day. Impressive tank restoration storage facility.IMG_0171.png

m715mike

That sounds like a great event! Did you travel to the UK specifically to attend Tankfest?

I know it’s called Tankfest, but did you happen to see any Alvis Stalwarts?

f800

I did go specifically for Tankfest. Had to take the wife to London and Paris, though. I saw several variants of tracked Alvis’s, but don’t remember an Alvis Stalwart. Doesn’t mean they don’t have one in the restoration building.
I was particularly interested in WWII German armor and they certainly didn’t disappoint.

Mark_Stolly_Ellis

I did go specifically for Tankfest. Had to take the wife to London and Paris, though. I saw several variants of tracked Alvis’s, but don’t remember an Alvis Stalwart. Doesn’t mean they don’t have one in the restoration building.
I was particularly interested in WWII German armor and they certainly didn’t disappoint.
The Tank Museum sold their Stalwart or Stalwarts some time ago, claiming it wasn't relevant to the Armoured Corps. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure they used to have an FV622 on display some years ago.
This is the same people who put the only floating Centurion, with the canvas screen, on Lulworth ranges.

Photo was taken by the new owner, some years ago.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks