• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you US military - fuel filter

four_by_ken

After reading up on the fuel filter change, I went under the hood to to see for myself just what I needed to do.

And what do I find!!! A 20 ouch pop bottle and two hoses all hooked up. Didnt need to prepare anything other than a new filter.

It was all there and ready to go.

And, somehow now my volt meter is working, which it never has.

kenny

I dont think you were looking at the fuel filter, You were looking at the RNWS "Red neck water seperator"
I want to see it to please.

Last edited:

four_by_ken

There is a hose out the bottom, which I understand to be the drain and then also a clear hose off the passenger side. Looks like it has been there a long time as the plastic is pretty hard and brittle.
Then there is a old plastic Pepsi bottle tucked into the fender in its 'keeping place'.

I will try to remember a picture tonight.

four_by_ken

Is that the first time you looked under the hood?

No, just the first time I inspected the fuel filter close. There was a date written on the filter which didnt cause me concern, so I have been taking core of other things first. And the bottle was tucked away nicely hidden.

I have only had this truck about a month.