• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanksgiving Road Trip

airmech3839

I will be heading to Gainesville, GA from Augusta, GA. Anyone along the way that would be wiling to PM me contact info should I require assistance. I will have a chase car. Planning to cut through Athens to get there.

Tracy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm in Athens. PM sent. :-D

airmech3839

Made it back last night from my trip to Gainesville. I ended up putting about 600 miles on the deuce! Went to Dawsonville and then Alpheretta and Roswell then down to College Park. Went back and forth between Roswell and Gainesville a couple times. Thursday my sister and her three kids met at my mom's and we loaded the older ones in the back and drove to my Aunt's House for dinner and the big family gathering! I don't have any road shots so I am loading the pics my sister took before we left my moms on Thanksgiving! Truck ran great, although after sitting all night at about 34 F the 100% WMO did not want to crank rightaway! ended up using a set of jumper cables on the low batt after trying to crank it. At any rate she ran strong and didnt cause no fuss so I was happy and I finally had something to show off for the family!! Alot of them were impressed with the multi fuel function!! Some even wanted to know how they could get one!! Any who!! Hope all stayed safe and enjoyed the Holiday with family!! Merry Christmas!!

Attachments

airmech3839

No, I didnt get that far north. Tried to keep her on the lower access roads like 53 and 400. Did try and park at the outlet mall in Dawsonville on 400 on Black Friday!!! I needed power steering!! narrow lanes and no parking even on the grass...other trucks already took those spots!! Just ended up going to wally world and found all we needed on santa's list!!