• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The things you learn

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Taking my son to the bus stop this morning. I've got most of an 802 in my bed, in pieces. Walking him down to the bus the driver remarked 'you putting together a generator'? A short discussion ensued... turns out he was a gen mechanic in the Army back in the day. I knew he was prior service, from talking to him over the years at various field trips with my other kids, but sometimes its funny how other facts come out.

grywitt

Taking my son to the bus stop this morning. I've got most of an 802 in my bed, in pieces. Walking him down to the bus the driver remarked 'you putting together a generator'? A short discussion ensued... turns out he was a gen mechanic in the Army back in the day. I knew he was prior service, from talking to him over the years at various field trips with my other kids, but sometimes its funny how other facts come out.
Lol. It took me a minute to realize in your bed meant truck bed. Ha ha. I was thinking that seems uncomfortable and how did the bus driver see that. My mind must be distracted right now since I only have trucks you would think that would have clicked way sooner.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Lol. It took me a minute to realize in your bed meant truck bed. Ha ha. I was thinking that seems uncomfortable and how did the bus driver see that. My mind must be distracted right now since I only have trucks you would think that would have clicked way sooner.
Yeah well... It could have been much worse - if @Light in the Dark really had put a 802 in his bed... Might have had a little disagreement with the little woman if he did!

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will admit it made me feel a little better about my new addiction with these gens. I was thinking I'm still a long way from having one in my bed. Heck weeks probably. ha ha
The key is to get them all the same color that way when the wife asks is that one new you just say oh no i have had that one. I have to be stealthy since my wife works from home full time. or buy something like an LMTV and then they are just relieved its not something else that big coming home

Last edited:

Chainbreaker

My wife thinks I've got a lil "MEP harem" going. She says I sometimes tend to spend more time with THEM than her... ouch! Probably time to buy some flowers I guess... might look good in a vase sitting on top of their control panel cabinets! :unsure:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks