• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thermostat by-pass missing

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Learning more every day. My truck does not have the thermostat by-pass as shown in the manuals. Were these eliminated with an MWO or did a previous owner eliminate it? My engine has a depot rebuild tag on it so maybe removed? I don't know if I should try to find the parts and put it back or not. Temperature seems to be OK.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M37 thermostat bypass

That's the problem with reading the TM's. A guy ends up learning all the 'correct' stuff that is supposed to be on them.

I don't know the M37 well enough to suggest 'if it ain't broke' but we'll bump the concern and someone will give you real feedback.

Thought I'd reply because I'm hanging around a ton of parts and have had some success getting the 'collectors' to release them. Let us know what you decide.

Does it look like this? http://www.vivasandson.com/m37x015.JPG

That engine bay came from http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?81391-M37-80034421-Image-Link-Heavy

Attachments

Juskatla

They do normally have the bypass elbow. I am not aware MWO that would have done away with that fitting. They are the same on most Dodge engines so finding one shouldn't be too difficult. Jess

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks