• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Three speed shifting problem

Autonomy_Lost

I have an M998 with the three speed transmission. I can manually shift it with no issues through all 3 gears. However when I put it in drive, it feels like it starts in second and then shifts to third at around 10mph. So its never really in the power band.

I also feel like the accelerator pedal is really stiff. I have to smash it really hard to get it to downshift. Not sure if that is related or not.

Any ideas where I should start looking to fix this?

Autonomy_Lost

That completely fixed it, thanks! I had to adjust the modulator cable ALL the way out. But now it starts in first, shifts into second at 15mph, and shifts into third at 27mph. I feel like I just got a 50hp boost!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks