• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throttle sensitivity

Hi all, question about throttle sensitivity on my 2004 Humvee. When driving above 40mph and I hit a bump in the road or pothole my foot bounces and triggers the kickdown in the gear box. As you can imagine this isn't ideal. Is there a way to "desensitise" the throttle? Has anyone had this before and is there any other solution? My WW2 Jeep had a small foot rest to stop this happening. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would check the TPS calibration, I think you can find it here.
I am assuming your have a 4 speed, the year of a HMMWV has not much bearing as they rebuilt 3 speed trucks and changed the man. date on them.
While you have the meter attached cycle the throttle and make sure there are no bad spots in the TPS, it is simply a potentiometer (variable resistor)

Attachments

I would check the TPS calibration, I think you can find it here.
I am assuming your have a 4 speed, the year of a HMMWV has not much bearing as they rebuilt 3 speed trucks and changed the man. date on them.
While you have the meter attached cycle the throttle and make sure there are no bad spots in the TPS, it is simply a potentiometer (variable resistor)
Yes it is a 4 speed 6.5ltr. Thanks for the info. I will check it out