• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time for my turn signal problems?

four_by_ken

Everything worked.... then a fuse went and took out all lights and the horn.

I just replaced all the fuses in the in fuse block, and the flasher relay because the one fuse that caused my problem melted. so, I changed them all to make sure all were in good working order.

Now... no blinkers or hazard lights. No clicking... nothing.

At least I have headlights and brake lights now.

But... no turn signals.

What I dont understand is why they would work last week, but not now. All I did was replace the fuses.

SPECIALTYLC

You said you had the main fuse melt, right? The emergency flashers go through the turn signal switch also. If all the lights work except the turn/flashers , the likely cause is in the collum switch.

4bogginchevys

mine has a flasher relay and a blinker relay, blinker relay is the one on the bottom, I just bought the heavy duty relay for it last week, works better than before

four_by_ken

mine has a flasher relay and a blinker relay, blinker relay is the one on the bottom, I just bought the heavy duty relay for it last week, works better than before
I replaced the one at the bottom when I did the fuses. Didnt see the other one.

But, I did swap the new one to the top and still nothing.

mistaken1

Fuses blow for a reason.....perhaps you have a wire that shorted and is clear now but still needs repairing.

Download the wiring diagram and begin your quest for 12v POWAHHH.....

four_by_ken

Fuses blow for a reason.....perhaps you have a wire that shorted and is clear now but still needs repairing.

Download the wiring diagram and begin your quest for 12v POWAHHH.....
Yes, I plan on searching for the reason the fuse blew. But, first I NEED to get my turn signals working again.

Hate driving without turn signals.

I was told that a single bad bulb can cause all the flashers to not work?

Mr. Awesome

i bet thier related, you fix blinkers, you find wire:mrgreen:

i am not sure if you are referring to the relay being on the fuse panel or not, but if you look at the top right (i think) there is a metal cylinder. That is the flasher unit. If you did not check this then it could likely be your problem. On the other hand if you did check this, then i agree 100 percent with 4bogginchevys

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the wiring diagram, there are a couple of items to check.

Make sure the main Black Out light switch is turned on.

First - double check fuse #14 - 30amp Flasher fuse. Make sure the contacts are clean and you get voltage on both sides. The right side is hot and the left side feeds the hazards and turn signals. Most likely this is the problem area.

Second - remove the lower turn signal flasher and check for voltage at the lower left connector. This is feed by the Dark Blue wire in the diagram

third - remove the upper hazzard flasher and check for voltage at the lower left connector. This is also feed by the Dark Blue wire in the diagram

forth - disconnect the column switch at the lower portion of the steering column. Check for voltage at the purple wire for the turn signals and the brown wire for the hazards

For a better sized picture - right click on the thumbnail and choos "Open Link in New Window"

Attachments

Last edited:

four_by_ken

This site is great.

I will be working late the next couple days. I may not get to this until Saturday late afternoon or Sunday (my day off).

I will report back what I find!

Thanks everyone.