• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time to dust off your credit cards!!!

detailsbydan

I saw a couple of washington guys post about Ft. Lewis auctions. Has it really been that bad trying to get a decent duece? I've been starting to look into getting one just recently. If you have any suggestions about Ft. Lewis auctions please feel free to P.M. me. Or if you know of any that are in decent shape as an almost D.D. for sale locally, especially if they would be interested in a trade for a 4x4 pickup... Sorry to the original poster if you feel like im trying to hijack your thread. Rest assured, im not.:oops:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are just saying that the supply of trucks has dried up in the WA area.

The DoD has a limited supply of trucks left. I am not syaing they will run out tomorrow but the end is coming. There has been a debate as to when that will be.

After the DoD runs out there will always be the private market. Many people will grow tired of their toys and sell them.

Then again there might be another Cash fo Clunkers in the future.......LOL

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well trucks that were going for under $1k in October are closing at over $2k in the current market so whether the end is near or not, the price for the time being has certainly gone up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well trucks that were going for under $1k in October are closing at over $2k in the current market so whether the end is near or not, the price for the time being has certainly gone up.

Or like the one w/o winch that just closed for over $3300.....ouch

detailsbydan

Warthog, I understood what they were getting at. But not too long ago when i first started kicking the idea around, there were plenty at auction regularly. I just hadnt realized the drop in available trucks around here.

Snarky

Well, when they run out of deuces they'll find other stuff that needs to be surplussed for easy money. Like the HMMWV being replaced by the cougar and assorted other vehicles replaced with other things. I'm sure when they ran out of M38s people got worried.

Plus there's armor. They probably wont be handling out tanks, but there is probably a market in the future for all the old desert storm era light armor that exists on US soil. We got half-tracks, LAVs, dukws, APCs, and cold war tanks and such now. Maybe they'll let us have Bradleys, Strikers, and other goodies in the future, who knows?

I'm sure eventually they'll make a better HEMTT that is so good that existing HEMTTs can't be retrofitted to the new style, and the advance is so major that the U.S. military will want them immediately. Or maybe the U.S. military will give up on conventional warfare and just send in the drones.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$2850 for a little bit rough w/w and $3300 for a nice paint job w/o winch. Both okay trucks but more than we've seen recently.

greenjeepster

People are stupid...they can buy one on ebay any day of the week and pick it up same day for that sort of money. Sounds like there is an abundance of bidders who have not been burned by GL these last few actions.

sandcobra164

The $3300 wo/w truck was very pretty on the outside but the interior was not painted at the same time the outside was and it doesn't have a heater. Hopefully it's not fresh CARC over rust. I'm in the same boat as the heater so the *buyer* may want GL to take 170 days to process their EUC as it is pretty cold at the moment in GA and doubtful that it's much better in SC.

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There seemed to be a nice wo/w in SA that went for $2002..just wish i had the extra "umph" to bid that high. A slightly lesser looking w/w went for $1985, same place. Its just all a gamble.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There seemed to be a nice wo/w in SA that went for $2002..just wish i had the extra "umph" to bid that high. A slightly lesser looking w/w went for $1985, same place. Its just all a gamble.
No those are the 2 I posted about earlier. You must not have looked in the actual sale listing after 4pm (the sale went over). That's where the REAL sale price was. $2850 w/w and $3300 w/o.

greenjeepster

The $3300 wo/w truck was very pretty on the outside but the interior was not painted at the same time the outside was and it doesn't have a heater. Hopefully it's not fresh CARC over rust. I'm in the same boat as the heater so the *buyer* may want GL to take 170 days to process their EUC as it is pretty cold at the moment in GA and doubtful that it's much better in SC.
What did the one without gauges end up selling at?

lavarok

What did the one without gauges end up selling at?
Just over 2700.00 if I recall.

Crazy prices for GL if you ask me considering the photos and the unknowns. I have 2 trucks for sale in FL right now and the non winch truck is as good or better ( much better ) than the one in question...:roll:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No those are the 2 I posted about earlier. You must not have looked in the actual sale listing after 4pm (the sale went over). That's where the REAL sale price was. $2850 w/w and $3300 w/o.
Yeah I had to leave work and didnt bother with them from that point out, but daaang.

It is interesting how the demand is so different from the mainland compaired to here in Hawaii. We chesked out some m105a2's that bib today this past Tuesday. I had 13 to choose from. I put my 150 bid on the best one yesterday. This trailer was pristine with aluminum side rails and an excellent cover. I also had 2 other pristine ones picked out but they had wood side rails instead. Needless to say only one other trailer was bib on besides the one I had bid so I figured what the heck might as well pick up another for 150. So at the close today only 3 sold and 2 were mine. One for my bob project and one to tow behind the bob. I wonder what they plan on doing with the other 10. Now on the other had the 101's sold for 400 plus. They had 3 pf those. Less trailer more money go figure.