• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tiny's Return!

JeffsIFAW50

Hello Again!
After selling my first IFA W50 "Brutus" I ended up running across another one on eBay and bought it! Not too long after that circumstances beyond my control forced me to sell my second IFA W50 which I had affectionately dubbed "Tiny".
Well, it's kind of weird how things work out but when I had the chance to buy Tiny back I jumped on it! The guy I sold it to let it sit for 3 years straight without touching it except for when I serviced it for him at the end of last year. I had to sacrifice a couple of other vehicles and go into debt some to get him back but considering it has No Comparison Whatsoever, except his Big Brother the L60, it was a no brainer!
I don't want to sell him but I listed it on eBay in order to try to generate some cash or a trade for a self contained RV. All it's doing on there is generating fees and scaring off all the boys... And Parts are not a problem as they don't just break one day! Parts are readily available from numerous sources all over the world. They didn't make over 500,000 of these without having a substantial parts inventory to sustain them.
I recently bought 10+ acres in Oregon which is surrounded by a 2.3 million acre National Forest. If I do sell Tiny I would use the money to pay it off. It's hard being responsible at times as it tends to interfere with a persons toys but since it doesn't eat or grow hair it can sit here as far as I'm concerned!
Tiny has never been titled and only has 2685 actual miles! I spent 3 hours pressure washing him the other day and he's looking quiet respectible and looks like somebody owns him now! I spent over 20 hours detailing it before I delivered it to it's previous owner.
If I'm fortunate enough to be able to keep him, I'm going to convert it into an extreme off road expedition Paris/Dakar rally truck and drive it to Oregon when I finally escape the rat race. I plan on living in him while I build my log cabin.
I'm seriously considering having Tiny sandblasted and professionally painted if a deal I'm working on with a potential sponsor works out. If I can make this deal work the paint job I'm thinking about going with will be a total trip to say the least.
I'll let you go for now if I haven't bored you to sleep or to tears.
Best Wishes To You And Your Family.
Take Care,
Jeff :)
www.ifaw50.com

Attachments

Last edited: