• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titles & Virginia

SierraHotel

God, Titles & Virginia

There is a God…and a benevolent one at that. I should have taken Ethan’s advice sooner :oops: , but being two people away from GL and my multiple dealings with local DMV clerks, I thought…”no way that will work for me”. It goes like this…

I finally got fed up with the local DMV and the two people that had my truck between GL & me, I was just spinning wheels and getting nowhere fast (not to mention a boatload of weeds were wrapping around the axle) aua . I downloaded the VSA 12 (Affidavit in Lieu of Title) and spilled the beans.
I told them that I had bought the truck from another private owner and that GL did not provide any title paperwork to obtain a title. The previous owner had it on a farm so never got it titled. I sort of forgot to mention that someone else was involved, not that it really mattered (I figured, Keep It Simple Stupid) :wink: .
I also downloaded and filled out the VSA 17A (Application for Certificate of Title and Registration) and sent both in with copies of my receipt and odometer statement. I also included a letter explaining that the truck had been bought from the government through GL and that I simply wished to restore it and use it in parades, shows and for pleasure.
This was about 2 weeks ago. Last Friday, I get a call from the titling division saying that if I fill out the credit card form for $55.00 that they will fax to me, they will issue me a title. :shock: Of course I could not get the form filled out and faxed back fast enough.
Today in the mail, I got a title for my Deuce! :jumpin: Although I don’t want to jinx myself, I think the rest is downhill.
I swear I take back every derogatory statement about Virginia and its DMV. :oops: I cannot believe how freaking easy that was. I hope this gives some of you in Virginia some hope of maybe getting around GL and the current round of issues they are creating.
Just for the record, and I know this has been stated many times, both in this thread and others, if you bought a truck, trailer or whatever from GL in Virginia, GL HAS to provide you with a title. They have to POSESS the title PRIOR to selling the item. :evil:
Virginia law states:

§ 46.2-617. Sale of vehicle without certificate of title.
Except as provided in § 43-34, any person who sells, trades, exchanges, or barters a motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer in the Commonwealth without first having secured a certificate of title for it or without legally having in his possession a certificate of title for the vehicle issued to its owner, except as otherwise provided in this title, shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor. ($500.00 Fine)

There is another thread somewhere about GL’s registered agent in Virginia and threatening lawsuits, etc. :twisted:

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: God, Titles & Virginia

I was a little scared what I would find opening up this old thread, but I am so happy this worked out for you, FINALLY. My suggestion now is buy one of those small firesafes just in case :twisted: I now need to talk Chris into not giving a singe extra cent to GL and follow my lead on getting this titled like we have.

So now that you are legal are you going to drive the Deuce to Aberdeen?

SierraHotel

RE: God, Titles & Virginia

Its in the plans...I've got to dump about $300 changing the filters and fluids, as well as at least the driver side boot. I figure I'll pull the entire axle and do it right so that I know what I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks