• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM for rearend rebuild.

RANDYDIRT

I am reinstalling the differential on my deuce, and need a link to the proper TM. Can anybody help me out?

Specifically I need to know how to set up the carrier preload.

Dirt

Wolf.Dose

Part 34 is helpfull, the torque is listed somewere in a long list of bolt sizes and torque in Part 34, at least normally. And take reference to the version you own, so the manual series you must find out yourself.
Wolf

bugei

dirt

attached are the chapters that you want. (i think) let me know once you have them, and i will delete the posting

be safe

Attachments

Last edited:

bugei

its just kinda big (2 m/b) to leave on since the tm's will hopefully become available again. i am a geek in my real life, so i try to be frugal with disk space.

sponaugle

its just kinda big (2 m/b) to leave on since the tm's will hopefully become available again. i am a geek in my real life, so i try to be frugal with disk space.
Being new to the site, is it correct that all of the TMs are currently offline due to the 'old' site being offline? Any chance there are other places that have the TM archive?

Jeff

JDToumanian

I notice the manual says to do this with the axle out from under the vehicle.... I'm sure it's possible to do with the axle still under the truck, and I need to. My center axle carrier is bad. How should I do it? .....I haven't really taken a look to see how I might do it, but your ideas or experience might save me some trouble.

Jon

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
JDT, TMAmerica hooked up a come-along to a pulley over the axle to do his. He had some pics too. Might want to search for threads he started.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jon, any work on that fore axle while in the truck is best served with the aft tires being driven up or jacked up on a railroad tie or other suitable block or cribbage. That articulation of the suspension will drop the fore axle as low as it gets and gain space between the pig and chassis. Still a PITA to work on in the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks