• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To all M1031 owners!! please check this!!

b4thundr

Ok the farm service truck has a problem, the body was slaming the frame when it would go over a bump! so i got under and took a look, the frame for the bodyhas cracked out and now pieces are missing! there was only two outta the 8 mounts holdin the body on!

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is only one of your trucks like this? Is it a PTO generator truck or Hobart? What are the miles? I just unbolted one of these beds and the sub-base is aluminum channel that looks really strong, but apparently not the case! Thanks for posting!

b4thundr

Yes it is a pto truck! about 26000 miles and its the only one, we figure they must have done a ton of off roading or had some really heavy loads in it! darn.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it is a pto truck! about 26000 miles and its the only one, we figure they must have done a ton of off roading or had some really heavy loads in it! darn.

They must have. I've never seen one damaged like that. Mine is strong, no cracks or deformations.

markinnh

hello!
thanks for the up tick...mine does not have those fancy rubber dubber mounts, but i did find mine was loose...have only found 4 front bolts (7/16 me thinks) loose...thanks again I will check mine when i return to cow hampsha...

2deuce

The rubber mounts are broken out and pieces of the aluminum frame are gone. The army bolted L shaped brackets to the truck frame and what is left of the box frame. It is a rigid mount now, no rubber cushioning.

b4thundr

ok so we got the parts to fix the body we used three pieces of bar stock half inch thick two inches wide 50 inches long, with some big washers on the aluminum channel we bolted the bar to it and redid the mounts as you can see from the pics, also the belt for the gen needed to be re adjusted as the body we moved up the gen needed to go down. but there was enough room to do this. also i put a 90 degree elbow for the wires exiting the generator looks much better!!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks