• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TOWBAR, and other stuff,

kx250m1

first off, I need a towbar, looking to spend around 400 for 1 in good shape including shipping, now for the reason and another question, about 1 month ago I purchased a deuce from gl, euc still hasn't cleared, but I looked at it, it runs good and looks completely driveable, anyways today I kind of accidentally bought another deuce, it went for cheap, and I wasn't expecting to win, I just got lucky? but I haven't looked at it and am unsure whether it is road worthy, "it looks good in pic, and is running in pics" and now for the last question, will GL let me wait to pick up the first deuce, until the euc clears for the second, so that I can tow one with the other. so if you have an extra towbar let me know and maybe we can work something out, see pics of my deuces, thanks in advance for your help,

Attachments

sermis

I have some mediums and some heavy mediums $300 also from 76501
The truck in the pic still has the front shackles which is a good sign.
A lot of time that indicates that it was driven in and not towed.

HeadWizard

Maddawg308 - I'm just down in Chantilly, come pick one up! And yes, I'm going to Aberdeen - I think, maybe, if the boss lets me. No, wait - I have to go and pick up a trans Gimpyrob is bringing for me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, the towbars are shippable with UPS. I sent mine to TN when Mike and I flew up to get our trucks. Shipped them in 2 pieces and cost under $100 but Mike has a UPS acct.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a new-in-the-crate medium towbar kit that was complete. Everything was still wrapped up in that waxy paper and it even had the manual. I must have been crazy, but I sold it for $350 at Ft. Lee a few years ago. Alas, another regret...

Michael

will GL let me wait to pick up the first deuce, until the euc clears for the second,
The short answer is I wouldn't count on it. If it is at an unmanned base that they don't want to go to very often, they might, but if it is at a busy location they will want it gone in 10 business days. You can usually get another week after that with promises to come as soon as you can.

On the other hand, you might get lucky and get the second one processed with the first.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't speak about the WI site, but I can say that, although they will work with you at my more local sites, they want your stuff out of there ASAP. Even if they agree to wait, I am not sure what that will do for you if you want to legally tow the second truck with the first. Count on at least a delay of 8-10 weeks in receiving your SF-97 paperwork so you won't have tags on the first truck for many weeks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Zak, they cost so much because they are worth it. If you consider HeadWizaard's post, they are a steal if you find one for 300 or less. I learned from another member that they are made with special tubing not pipe. I believe they cost over a grand each new.

98hd

Your 2nd deuce looks alot like the one I got from Sparta in Nov.

Mike is a good guy to deal with, but I would look into driving it.

BTW: I'm right on your way so if you have any trouble I can try to help if I can get away from what I'm actually doing. Although both my MV's are still back in MI.

kx250m1

just for your info, I do plan on driving them both home, but with getting 2 I was just thinking that if something happened to either one of them, even minor, ie broken belt, or leaking radiator hose, instead of dealing with fixing it on the side of the road, I could just hook up to it with the other to get it home, 1 more question, I have an f 350 diesel, would that pull one of these, "very slowly" I think it would, obviously not over 20 to 30 mph, but enough to get it to somewhere I could work on it, your opinions are very much appreciated

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks