• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer mounting of 802/803 vs. 002/003

uniquify

My nephew and I built a trailer to haul my 802 and/or 803 generators. We drilled 3 sets of 4 holes in the trailer's frame rails to match up with the skid base such that we can haul either a single generator inline or a pair of generators sideways.

Now, I'd like to use it to retrieve an 002, but I'm not sure if the bolt pattern on the 002/003 skid base is the same as an 802/803. Does anyone know offhand or have one nearby that they could measure?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My experience says they are not the same. I had to redrill when I changed out a 003 for a 803. In my case I drilled the frame of the 803 to match the holes in the trailer. Drilling through the aluminum was easy with a battery drill. You should be prepared to drill new holes.

Chainbreaker

The bolt pattern obtained from document MIL-HDBK-633 dated 20 FEB 1980 under MEP-002a section shows the following on dimensioned dwg:

(4) holes in skid bottom 32"L x 30"W and first set of holes is located 9 - 5/16" from skid end (Control Box end)

Center of gravity of unit is located 27-1/2" from control box end of skid.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Just to verify these dimensions I measured my 1991 MEP-002a unit and bolt pattern is same as above 32"L x 30"W.

Last edited:

EO2NMCB

I can’t speak of the mep 803, but can tell you the holes from a mep002a do not line up with the mep003a. Mep003a has a longer skid, would have to redrill two of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks