• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailers Picked up today

gunboy1656

First I will start of by saying pics will be posted later.

So today started out at 0345 today with Me in my deuce and dad following in his pickup (he ain't so dumb). started out and all went fine except rain (I can STILL hear the wipers) I had an appointment for 1300, but made it out there at 1030.

Andrew asked me which one I am towing and which was going in the bed. Both trailers were looked over for me and I was told both would do good. Well I said throw the green one in the bed and the camo one on the hook. I have to give credit to Andrew he lifted the trailer and set it down in place on the pintle hook. I decided to tow the camo since it had the side and front racks in it.

As Andrew was moving the trailers, I started to look at the data plates. Nothing real noticeable except the only date I could locate was 2006 from the refurbishment. But then something stuck out on the camo one. It had 558 SC (Signal Company). To most of you that probably means nothing but to me it tells me someone or something wanted me to have those trailers. The reason being.....the trailer is from the 558 Sig....AND so is my deuce. so now I have a complete set, and even the paint match. The truck I bought from Andy Cox back in Sept of 2009, and now I reunited it with its trailer.

But we get everything chained down, the towed trailer hooked up when we found a problem that would make the trailer non-towable. when I had the trailer looked at they missed something I did until was time. the pins for the electrics were bent to heck. So we had to make an on the spot correction, took the connector off the trailer in the bed and hooked it up. That was a learning experience. Got it hooked up and checked the lights, new problem......hit the left signal on the truck the right one on the trailer comes on and vice versa. Head out to get off their lot (already been there for a little over an hour, closer to an hour and a half). hit the first rest stop and play with the connections to get home.

The day started at 0345 and ended at 1930.

amaverick88

Congrats on finding the trailer from the same unit as your deuce. Seems like Murphy hit you on the electrical problems for the trailer.

gunboy1656

Sad part is I didn't preview them it just happened by chance. Mr. Murphy didn't stick around too long. Guess he found someone else to pick on.

gunboy1656

I want to know what is with my and Signal company stuff? Just cause I spent 15 years in a Signal unit. Now I buy a truck and trailer from one. I have seen a couple of my old generators on GL lately.

scranch18121

Nice set.... I recovered my deuce from Alabama. Found a M105a2 that had the same unit #'s on it in Oklahoma on GL 4 months later ... bid... and won it. It's nice to have a matching set from uncle sam vs making it look like it with paint.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not nitpicking because I think you did a great job but us really poor folk look at this stuff. Might have helped your fuel economy a bit if ya dropped that tailgate of the trailer in the bed of the truck. I did a smiliar type of recovery and noticed a big difference when I dropped that tailgate. The only difference on mine was that I was towing the deuce that had the trailer in the bed.

gunboy1656

Oddly enough the trailer in the bed didn't even slow me down much, except for a couple hills that slowed me down. Still made the same distance between fuel stops.

I am still dumb struck how a guy spends 15 years in commo, buys his first M35 only to find out it came from a commo unit, then 2 years later buys a trailer not only from a commo unit, but the same unit as the deuce. When I watched the auctions there was 6 I was interested in. The first one I backed away (they went up to 990) I put my max at 550 on theses, the other trailers in the same event went over 625, but nobody bid these up any higher.

camp9

That's pretty cool that it worked out the way it did, and what's even cooler is it happened to someone who knows and appreciates it. Take it and enjoy it. :beer:

Camp

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't give Andrew a big head letting everyone know what a good job he did with your trailers.

:)

We'll see if he posts, I know his real screen name.

Glad you made it over and back with a minimum of trouble.

gunboy1656

I started wondering if he was on here when he asked about my screen name. I am very appreciative that he did not rush us off the lot when we found the electrical problem.

camp9

My first experience with a GL guy was the one out at Ft. Drum, Andrew was night and day compared to that guy out there. Glad he's there. :-D

gunboy1656

Ok, some new pics for you guys and an update.

I read the stencils on the green trailer and it looks like the same unit. :-D

here is the camo one....

Attachments