• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission shifting M925A2

Scrambler

Hello everyone. We're having a M925A2 with some transmission shifting trouble. When te cable at the pump is loose it seems to work perfect, just probably won't work when the truck is carrying a load. When the cable is attached it will shift from 1st to 2nd quite rough and eventually shift in 3rd and sometimes even in 4th but at very high rpm (over 2200). But as said whitout the cable attached it really shifts nice from 1 to 5, no bumping or whatsoever. We tried all kind of positions for the cable end but it doesn't seem to have the right spot.
I hope my English is understandable since I am being Dutch and my technical English is a bit rusty...

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Scrambler there have been many threads on this issue and it seemed to come down to draining and completely flushing the tranny AND torque converter, then changing both tranny filters both the internal and external and refilling everything with DexIII transmission fluid, it sounds that this is what Allison has always wanted but to simplify things the Army went the 10 wt. route! If you do this please keep us posted on your results!
KK

Scrambler

Just an oil change? We have more of these trucks and all have the clear yellowish oil in it and they all run perfect; one just had a trip from Holland to Italy.

Rkrug

I have the plain 10w and mine shifts just fine, I don't think the oil is the problem in your case.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Scrambler do a search on this subject it has been discussed pretty extensively, the info I passed on to you is what seemed to be the consensus of where the problem was and how to take care of it! My truck also downs shifts hard from 2nd to 1st and this Spring I am going to take it to the local Allison dealer and have them flush the tranny and switch to DexIII, Again that is based upon what I have read on this site!
Good luck
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks