• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transportation Needs

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch the show(Shipping Wars) and you might just change your mind about using U Ship.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have twice. The M37 was $.66/mile and the M59 was $1.22/mile and I had two great drivers!:beer:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, Television and the Internet, is not real?:(

Sirblissfull

It took me about 2 weeks of fielding bids before I found one on uship that was in my price range, so it helps to have a very broad window for pick up and drop off dates. That will let you be picky and wait for an offer on a back haul.

It is an auction site after all.

I used garfieldtotherescue to ship a M54a2.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Real Dr, or Web MD?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Both! I didn't believe the real Dr. so I searched online. They told me the same thing the real one did!

(Truth be told, I think it was the original Dr.) Thats what the voices say anyhoo.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No one @ uship wanted any part of my m109 when I wanted it picked up....YMMV
I think the key to getting a good quote on U-ship is to be VERY flexible on the delivery/pickup dates. I had both of mine on U-ship between 3-4 months before I accepted the final bids. The last one ($.66/mile), was a last minute back haul; done by Teton Consulting in Cheyenne.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what you are saying is I can win a truck on GL, wait for the EUC to clear and have UShip pic it up within the 10day window, all for $.66 a mile.

Sound like a plan to me.......:razz::razz::razz:

You know I'm kidding. Only if life was that simple.

Last edited: