• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo 350 to a 6.2L

dyocis

I did a search and didn't come up with anything. Can anyone tell me if a T350 tranny will hookup to the 6.2L? The guy I bought my donor blazer (1982) from figured out it won't work on his project so he asked if I want it. I already have the NP205 that I am planning on putting on my blazer. Would it be easier to put the T350 and NP205 in as a set?

Thanks for the help.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm 99% sure the TH-350 will mate to the 6.2, you will need the adapter to mate it to the NP-205 tho.
I would put a good rebuild on it with heavier cluthes and a B&M shift kit.
If the TH-350 came from a 2wd or a 4wd with a different transfercase, you will also need the proper output shaft for the TH-350.
I'm sure there is a thread about this somewhere.

dyocis

The tranny was originally bolted in the donor blazer I have, and to the np205 I have. I'm just worried about how well it will do under load. The guy wants $350 for it, and it has a shift kit in it. I have been reading on line since I posted and it seems that people don't have much faith in these trannies in 4x4s.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make sure you keep the transmission cool.. Heat is one of the biggest killers of automatic transmissions. Put a good cooler on it and a temp
Gauge .

ODdave

I run a th350 in this with a 205 and its much more stout than a 6.2. Never had a problem. Granted its not ran much but when it is its getting the snot beat out of it ( I.E. the yard marks) those are 39.5 x 18 wide boggers

Attachments

dyocis

Ok, so basically I will be putting the transmission, t-case, driveshafts, 1 ton axles, and cross members from my donor blazer into my m1009. At this point it might be faster to take the body off my truck and put it on the donor frame!

ODdave, thanks for the input. I feel better about swapping this out now.

Does anyone know if the np205 will mate up to the stock tranny from my cucv? I know people are running them, just never saw any swap articles on them.

dyocis

I run a th350 in this with a 205 and its much more stout than a 6.2. Never had a problem. Granted its not ran much but when it is its getting the snot beat out of it ( I.E. the yard marks) those are 39.5 x 18 wide boggers
ODdave, I know the TH350 doesn't have over drive, but how is the gearing compared to the stock in the 1009? The axles I'm swapping in are D60 and 14BFF with 4.56 gears. What can I expect for RPMs running down the road?

ODdave

Depends on your tire size but you have an efective final drive of just less than 1:1 with bot the 350 & 400 so your gonna be just like a 1008. expect 50-55 on stock rubber.

You should post a pick of you 205 case so we can ID it for you, make sure its a th350 case

The 350, 400 and 465 cases are all different (pre 85)

dyocis

You should post a pick of you 205 case so we can ID it for you, make sure its a th350 case
The 205 and TH350 both came out of a 82 blazer. They were bolted together and driving before the guy I bought it from ripped out the engine and tranny to put in his build. He decided to go with a 700r instead of the th350. I'm assuming they are stock, but the axles were swapped so I can't verify that. I work 5 hours north of were the build is going on, and I won't be back till the 29th.