• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signal - Brake light question

klawrence

OK for some history, I recently aquired my first duece and I am trying to get the turn signals and brake lights working.

My headlights and running lights work fine. If I turn on the turn signal lever , nothing. I can take the connector off the flasher and jump the conenctors and I can get the turn signal lamps to work along with the interior turn signal indicator. I can also very the grgound on the flasher has good ground vi aOHm meter. I assume I need a new flasher yet I have found a mystery wire.

This wire runs from the engine compartment , under the truck and is cut off inside the frame rails just past the air tanks.

I have included pictures along with some pictures of what i belive in the new brake light connector switch.

Oh and I hav eno brake lights what so ever. Everything else works including all blackout and interior dask lights.

Can you confirm that my flasher is bad and 1. help me diagnose my brake lights, and 2 what is the mystery wire.

Thanks

Attachments

klawrence

I am unsure if it has a brake light switch, I just seen the plug where the old brake light switch was and assumed it was changed.

klawrence

Well I have no brake light switch, guess I wil be ordering the air switch kit. I will also order a flasher. The mystery wire has no marking yet it is connected to the wire labeled 87-106-37

Thanks

I see saturn surplus has the air switch upgrade kit, do they only allow phone orders ? Anyone else have this kit ?

jmh4x4

Ok kind of stupid question, I got my upgrade kit today, hope to put it on this weekend. will I have to bleed the brakes when I'm done puting this on and pluging the old switch? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I dive in. saturn surplus is quick, I called my order in monday around 1pm, and it was at my door today! That is an awsome turn around.

Thanks
Jason