• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signals work fine; except, when engine is running?

frioman

The turn signals on my '85 Am Gen M923 A1 work great until I actually start the engine. After I start the engine and then activate a turn signal, it blinks only once. The turn indicator (light) on the steering column remains constantly lit (not blinking) until I of course manually return the turn signal arm to the "neutral " position.

Please forgive me if this has already been addressed...I couldn't find this specific issue. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

frioman

I disassembled the turn signal switch once already? This time I may spray the assembly with an electrical cleaning fluid. If this doesn't work, I'll likely try the turn signal flasher as "dependable" recommended above. I'll let you know what happens.

frioman

I didn't replace the flasher unit, but I decided to remove all the turn signal covers and remove, check, and clean the contacts on all on the turn signal bulbs again. BUT...this time I also removed and cleaned the running light bulbs. Now my turn signals are working correctly--even with the engine running.

I don't know if removing and cleaning the running lights solved the problem, or removing and cleaning the turn signal bulbs. But doing one of the two fortunately solve the problem.

frioman

My last attempt seems to only solve the problem for a short time period. After I remove and clean all the bulb contacts, then start the vehicle, the turn signals initially work. But then it they seem to stop functioning after I turn the lights off, then back on. This is the only pattern I have found so far. I'm about to order that flasher now.

papakb

I'd suggest that you check to make sure all the wires are properly connected to the composite lights. If you have the ground connected to a bulb the loading changes dramatically and who knows what might happen. You could be drawing current thru 2 bulbs and the flasher might not be able to handle it. Make sure to check the tail lights too.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks